iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stumped....What is it?

Started by inspectorwoody, June 23, 2011, 12:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inspectorwoody

Found this in a tool box that my girlfriend's dad had picked up at an auction.

Neither one of us have any clue.  ???

Curious if it is actually a tool or a home made thing.

Thanks  :)

bull

bill m

Looks like a handle for a hay scythe.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

jim king

I cut LOTS of thistles in the pasture with a scythe handle like that.  I will take a weed whacker any time.

Chuck White

Yup, that's it!

Just turn the handle and the knurled part will move closer to the main handle of the scythe, holding it in place!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Yup, I concur. Just like my dad's looked.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

inspectorwoody

Thanks!  :)

I looked up some pictures and sure enough, looks just like it. 

Think it might find a nail to hang from.  :D

Chuck White

F. Y. I.

Those handles are were made to be easily adjustable because several different people are likely to use the scythe and being adjustable, they can be positioned for each operator:

1. The size of the person using it may be bigger or smaller than the last user!

2. The reach of the person using it is most likely different than the last user!

3. If the angle of the blade is changed, it changes everything.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

wscott

You should always marry a ugly girl, when she leaves you, you want feel so bad.

SwampDonkey

Yup, looks like hand  scythe handle. I've never used one but a couple of uncles used them a lot to cut thorns and aspen suckers in the pastures. You say buy a bush hog, but too cheap for that so it was the hard way or nothing. :D

http://www.scytheconnection.com
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

oakiemac

I think everyone else is wrong. It's obviously a thing-an-abobber.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

inspectorwoody

QuoteIt's obviously a thing-an-abobber.

:D

That was our first guess when we ran across it.

Dave Shepard

Technically speaking, it's the human/machine interface for the application of work. Due to the general populace's over-abundant disapproval of work, your device is now considered obsolete.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!