iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 562xp question

Started by motohed, December 18, 2011, 12:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motohed

I was wondering if anyone has purchased this saw yet , any reviews available from forum members ?

JDeere

Motohed,  My dealer told me last week he got tired of telling customers next week, next week and called Husky to get a real time-line. He said he was told we would not see them until next month (January). I have been holding off for months to buy that saw but my patience is running out.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

nhlogga

Quote from: JDeere on December 18, 2011, 03:13:39 PM
Motohed,  My dealer told me last week he got tired of telling customers next week, next week and called Husky to get a real time-line. He said he was told we would not see them until next month (January). I have been holding off for months to buy that saw but my patience is running out.

i ran outta patience and bought a 555 Husky. i like it.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

MNBobcat

Mine will be here tomorrow.    ;D

shelbycharger400

3 piece magnesium crank ?   :-\
looked at a picture, the 2 stubs are joined by a pin that is pressed through the connecting rod.  no bolts through the connecting rod,  not shure how i feel about this or a non steel crank

HolmenTree

Quote from: shelbycharger400 on December 22, 2011, 10:54:15 PM
3 piece magnesium crank ?   :-\
looked at a picture, the 2 stubs are joined by a pin that is pressed through the connecting rod.  no bolts through the connecting rod,  not shure how i feel about this or a non steel crank
:D no, no the crankcase is magnesium, not the 3 piece crankshaft.
:D studs/nuts and caps on a car engine connecting rod might be OK but I sure wouldn't want to see it in a high revving chainsaw.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

shelbycharger400

i wish i could find that review and set them straight! 

connecting rods have studs and nuts on the top fuel engines.. they run way over 8,000.   
i personally dont like aluminum rods in anything, id rather see steel .  alum. will streach a few thous after a few times at high rpm, regardless if its cast or forged!

Woodhog

Is this saw really going to be any better than say the old reliable Husky 359.... I looked at the specs of both and it says about 0.8 HP more for the 562xp...

The chains speed was about the same, then they mention things like auto adjustment for the carb, and some other things, may be more trouble than their worth?

It seems to have a lot of hype about something???

It is priced about 190.00 dollars above the 359....

John Mc

Somebody posted a 357XP vs one of the new 555 huskys. Can't remember if it was here or on another site. The 555 beat the 357XP by a couple of seconds (same chain on both), so here's my guess at how the 562XP fits in the overall scheme of things:

562XP > 555 > 357XP > 359.

Note: there are other considerations than just cutting speed (reliability, ease of maintenance and repair, balance, vibration, etc.) I don't begin to claim that the lineup above holds for all users in all situations.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

saltydog

In my opinion it will be hard to improve on the husky 357 or jonsered 2156 they are awsome saws .
Proud to be a self employed logger.just me my Treefarmer forwader Ford f600 truck 2186 Jonsereds 385 and 390 husky and several 372s a couple 2171s one 2156  one stihl 066  Hudson bandmill Farquhar 56"cat powered mill.and five kids one wife.

John Mc

I own a 357XP, and agree, it's a darn good saw. If I were buying new today in that size range, I'd be looking at the 555 for the price and performance, or if I had some extra $$ to burn, the 560/562XP.

Here's a link to the the videos comparing the 555 to the 357XP

The 555 cuts the log in 12 seconds, the 357XP does it in 14. Both are stock. Same bar and chain on both saws.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

tonto

I'm a Stihl man but I'll tell you my partner bought one of these and what an amazing saw. He owns 3-335's, a 346xp, 357xp, 2-372xp's, 385xp, 288xp lite and a 3120. This new saw gets first call all the time except for the big stuff. It is well balanced and the power is amazingly smooth. We have probably cut 12-13 cords already and it hasn't missed a beat. He's not much one for change but he is impressed. I'm selling my MS260 and buying one - about the same weight. Great saw if you can get one. Our dealer has about 7 or 8 of them in stock. Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

rocket75

Awesome  8)  I thought the first one was a fluke after smoking a 440 mag in 20 inch wood so I had to have another and it will also smoke the 440.  Very comparable in power to 372 with much better handling and weight.  I own a number of stihl husky jred and dolmars n the 562xp is my new favorite.  I bought it to ride the skidder n limb with now I am cuttin timber with one and buckin on the landing with the other as well as all the limbin of course!

Thank You Sponsors!