iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Links ??

Started by Magicman, March 02, 2013, 04:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Are the random links that I am seeing intentional or something else?  Example, the word "again" in rmack's post.  A few minutes ago the word "Administrator" in Jeff's title, but it went away.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Have'nt noticed,  but glad to see you back on the grid, kinda missed you man,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Thanks.  The word "back" in your reply is a link to me.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

A link to what?

Might be something set up in your system (browser? ) to do that.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jim_Rogers

I believe that is a virus in your browser doing that.
You may need to clean your computer.......

Good luck with that.....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

drobertson

Weird, I have not seen any of this on mine, thank goodnes,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ianab

Some sort of "scumware" advertising program. It works as a plugin for your browser and turns random words on any site into links to advertising pages.

It may be something that can be uninstalled through the control panel, otherwise you need to get after it with a program like "Ad-Aware".

It's not technically a virus as it's something you installed at some point, even if you weren't aware that you did. Usually not malicious, just annoying.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Jim_Rogers

Yes, it's done with a java script I think, I know I had it once and I had to such off the option in tools on my firefox browser....

Don't quote me on that, but there is an easy fix. I just don't correctly remember it.
A google search should produce the correct answer. I know it's not hard as I have done it, I just can't remember how....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jeff

Yup, you got a bug as its not coming from here.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

I made a Java update yesterday and it looks like that was how it sneaked in.  I disabled 3 Java console add-on extensions and the links disappeared.  If something does not work properly, I can always enable them one at the time and see what happens.

Thanks for the support links Warbird.   :)

Warbird

No problem.  Let us know if you need anything else.