iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

353 detroit smoking more then normal?

Started by logman81, January 07, 2014, 06:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Some IH tractors have a decal that says that around the fuel cap, and I think I've seen some caps with that stamped right into it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

logman81

Precision Firewood & Logging

beenthere

Will that gunk make it through the injectors?  or does it hang up in the filters? Seems it must end up somewhere, at least the old that was still in the system between the tank that you cleaned out and the injectors.  Just curious.
Glad it is running better. A good lesson for anyone trying to run an engine that has been setting around with old fuel in it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

logman81

The filters trapped all the junk, they weren't to bad though, lesson learned.

Ed_K

Ed K

Maine logger88

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

logman81

Thanks guys it's good to see it running like it should.

lumberjack48

This is a good lesson in assuming what should have been already checked when buying a machine. I have learned know to start real simple, don't go straight for the heart. :P This was a good question to fool us old loggers, we think to hard :D lg81 i feel like throwing a snowball at you  :snowball:

I'm glad you found it, and hope it didn't hurt anything. Run some good raw number 2 fuel though it.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

logman81

Ya it was just something I over looked but now I know start with the simple things. No harm done, it's the best running detroit that I've owned. Hoping to put it to work next week.

Thank You Sponsors!