The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Tetanus shot/booster -- a good idea  (Read 1995 times)

Offline MattJ

• Share Post
Re: Tetanus shot/booster -- a good idea
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 01:31:18 PM »
No problem.  Just don't want to see anyone suffer from something that can be prevented especially with our jobs and hobbies where we go around hurting ourselves regularly. 

If you are ever bored google Andrew Wakefield and read how lack of accurate communication on vaccines has lead to thousands of child hospitalizations and deaths.  When we helped the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation work on a project for vaccinating in areas of unmet medical needs, where safe and effective vaccines existed, the number they threw around was 2100 preventable child deaths per day.  As a parent I couldn't even fathom that. 

Offline 36 coupe

• Share Post
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 07:03:50 PM »
While it might not be a bad idea to stay up on that booster as we work around sharp things in dirty environments, tetanus isn't really that big of a risk. The microbe that causes tetanus toxicity cannot live in the presence of air and sunlight, so even a rusty nail from a fence board is a 0% risk, unless it has recently dug under the soil and deposits this deep into a hard to clean wound.
Your post is a good example of why forums are bum places to get information.Mesanie Williams left Maine after the bank took her home.She had a saddle horse and a pack horse.The pack horse stepped on a wooden vegetable crate on the road and died with tetanus .Art Linkletter gave her a new pack horse. She made to California and turned back and headed for the east coast.Her book The Last of the Saddle Tramps should be read by all .I have worked with live stock for 65 years and kept my tetanus shot up to date.

Offline Warbird

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 07:33:40 PM »
If you are ever bored google Andrew Wakefield and read how lack of accurate communication on vaccines has lead to thousands of child hospitalizations and deaths.  When we helped the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation work on a project for vaccinating in areas of unmet medical needs, where safe and effective vaccines existed, the number they threw around was 2100 preventable child deaths per day.  As a parent I couldn't even fathom that. 

As a parent, I can't either!  Scary.  Thanks for all the good info, Matt.  If your company is hiring IT Managers, send me a PM.  ;D

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 08:09:10 PM »
Thanks MattJ.  I keep mine up to date, but your information was an eye opener.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline MattJ

• Share Post
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 08:22:08 AM »
Forums are great places for information and to stimulate discussion.  I just wouldn't make literal life or death decisions (or potentially financially crippling decisions) based off them.  I absolutely love what I learn here.

For the healthcare stuff I would encourage all to explore what the centers for disease control (CDC) publishes out of Atlanta.  Its your tax dollars at work and they are really under-rated in my opinion for the value they offer to the public and they great information they provide.  They offer lots of great reading material in peer-reviewed medical articles that is data, not politically based.  They were also the force behind eliminating diseases such as Measles, Diphtheria, Polio, Whooping cough, and stopping epidemics.  One area that makes me really appreciate what blessings I have as a US citizen and the benefits our country shares worldwide.   

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Is this a good idea?

Started by scgargoyle on General Board

11 Replies
Last post January 03, 2007, 07:01:46 PM
by Tom
xx
Is this a good idea???

Started by jargo432 on Firewood and Wood Heating

13 Replies
Last post March 25, 2014, 06:17:16 PM
by Corley5