iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2001 Michigan Forest Health Highlights

Started by Jeff, February 16, 2002, 05:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The DNR has provided the Forestry Forum with the information required to create a 5 page website that recreates thier PDF document:2001 Michigan Forest Health Highlights

The PDF file is also available for download and printing.
http://www.mfra.org/2001foresthealth/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Boreal et al

Quote from: Jeff on February 16, 2002, 05:21:33 PM
The DNR has provided the Forestry Forum with the information required to create a 5 page website that recreates thier PDF document:2001 Michigan Forest Health Highlights

The PDF file is also available for download and printing.
http://www.mfra.org/2001foresthealth/
Do you have a "go to" link for 2021 Michigan Forest Health Report link? I'd like to locate the best "go to" national website that also reports on current and historical forest health by region or state.  Undoubtedly, the combination of  wildfires, cross-cutting,  urban-to-suburban development and construction (including strip mining and fracking), industry expansion (buildings, critical infrastructure -roads, airports, etc) and agricultural and ranching expansion, by region and by state would show a severe depletion of natural forests.  I would like to include "droughts" or pesticide runoff resulting in dead trees or wetlands.   I calculated 31,000 plus square miles of California forests have burned down in the last decade (plus).  I extracted California's cumulative forest depletion (acres) from the CalFire website (as far back as it went).  I would also like to look at Alaska & Hawaii (by Island).  
FYI, Foresth Health Highlights stops at 2017.
When a tree grows a forest, everyone hears it!
Squirrels, deer, bears, field mice, hawks, eagles --all of us hear the seeds of greatness landing at our feet.  Acorns, pine cones, apples, cherries, mesquite pods, olives and more. Plant a seed today, to leaf the planet better than we found it.

Thank You Sponsors!