iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Restaurants

Started by lowpolyjoe, April 17, 2016, 09:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scgargoyle

We rarely eat out, but it does seem like many places rush you out the door these days. The other dirty trick is to make the restaurant so noisy that you can't sit and converse. This is done on purpose; I know a guy that specializes in this stuff. The one place we were never rushed was a fancy steak house in Tampa FL. The few times we went there, we spent a good two hours lingering. It's quiet there, too. Of course, you pay dearly for this. 

Last month, we were in CT, visiting old friends. We ate at a local pizza joint, and hogged a large table for over three hours! Luckily, they weren't that busy, and the wait staff was great. We left them a very, VERY generous tip.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

drobertson

I like those flat grill, Oriental places too, but not a big fan of sharing the chef with another family or couple,, I'm not trying to be stuck up or rude, I will chat with anyone, but often times its the same situation as the op, a birthday dinner for someone that picked the place,  having total strangers, who sometimes I guess wish we weren't there as well have waited as we only to be seated by strangers.. I guess the only answer would be to make sure all the seats will be used up ;D  but the rushing thing is unacceptable for sure,  and I too agree that a wage should be set that is up to standards,, and tips for exceptional service,, not just because a sense of entitlement.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

lowpolyjoe

Quote from: drobertson on April 19, 2016, 08:29:19 AM
I like those flat grill, Oriental places too, but not a big fan of sharing the chef with another family or couple,,

Yeah, that is the biggest drawback for sure. 

Wife and I went to this same place for our anniversary a while back.  Sat with a family of 4 (young son's birthday) and one random loner.  My wife can talk to anyone but i'm very awkward in those situations.  That dinner went well, but it was a weekday and not crowded.

This time there were 5 of us for the birthday dinner and they stuck 1 stranger with us.  He was pretty quiet.

Oh - and for the record, my credit card bill did get charged the full amount including tip after it moved out of the 'pending' category.

There is at least 1 other Hibachi style restaurant in my town.  It is much further away but we will have to try it because i'm not going back to this place.

Den Socling

This is off the subject a little bit but I read in the news today about a mean mom. She took her three kids to Dairy Queen for desert. Each of the three took their desert without offering a thank you. Mean Mom collected the three deserts and deposited them in the garbage!  ;D Lesson to you brats.

Thank You Sponsors!