iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kiln cart and track for loading?

Started by WoodChucker, September 11, 2003, 04:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

R.T.
Isn't it amazing what the approach of a hurricane can do to the price of a sheet of plywood!
Phil L.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

WoodChucker

Yep, and you can bet if that thing were to run out of steam and never come on land, that the price of lumber wouldn't come back down!

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Joe_Beaulieu

R.T.

If you are still going to install an L50 in the kiln than temperature won't be a major issue.  The max. operating temperature is 120 degrees F.  We recommend the use of polyisocyanurate board because it is a better insulator.  You should have an R-value of 30 in your walls and ceiling.  Building plans come with the unit.

WoodChucker

Joe_Beaulieu, I guess what I'm concerned about is when I need to set the pitch in pine and have to have the heat up to around 160deg, it's only for a short period of time and wouldn't even happen that often because I don't do a lot of pine.

I know your plans call for 2x4 construction, but would it be better to build it using 2x6"  I don't want to over kill, but if it would keep the operating cost down then I think it would be worth it. What do ya think?  

Did you guys happen to get any of the L50's in stock or will you still need to order it? Thanks!

R.T.    
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Joe_Beaulieu

You can set the pitch in pine w/an L50.  It will just take a while to bring the kiln up to temp due to the small heater.

The L50's are usually built to order.  We just happen to have one in stock at the moment.

WoodChucker

Joe_Beaulieu, you might have misunderstood my question or maybe I just said it wrong. I know you can get the heat up to that temperature, but would the polystyrene type insulation be damaged by the high temperatures if it was being used in the walls behind plywood?

Thanks for the info on the L50 you have in stock, if it's a new one I'll take it, just put my name on it and I'll give you a call, ok?

R.T.

Thank You Sponsors!