iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by sgtmaconga, December 01, 2006, 08:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtmaconga

As a new member and soon to be owner of a TimberKing 1220 ;D. I want to thank all of you for the hours of great reading and research you have given me by just being here. I have been in carpentry and building construction for most of my life and I was looking for something to do when I retire. All of the stories and photos of your adventures made me jump in feet first and buy a mill.

I was remarried this past year and the building projects around here are just kicking off with the start of a new barn for the horses the new wife brought with her. I'm sure I will have questions to post when I get cranked up next week when my mill arrives but for now I just wanted to say thanks and hello

Richard Riley
Macon GA
Measure twice cut once

LeeB

Welcome Richard. You'll enjoy the TK. I've had a TK 1200 for about 6 years and have had good luck with it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

Good for you Mr. Riley!  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

Ya know, ya just gotta wonder WHY everyone wants to retire, and get into one of the hardest jobs there is, at an OLDER age ???  ::) ::) ::) ;D :D :D :D

Welcome aboard, Sarge  8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

blaze83

Richard,

Welcome...I've been reading for hours here myself  :P and just joined a few days ago. I'm interested in your 1220 mill.....I had an opertunity to run one a couple of weeks ago and thought it was a very nice machine. I'm planning on moving back to Ohio in the spring and my dad and I are thinking about getting one to cut some wood with on his 40 acres and build a wood shop. let me know how you like the mill.. one question for you...how long did it take for you to get your mill from TK?  I heard thay had a long lead time for a while...need to know so I can get my order in if need be.

Thanks

Steve
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

WDH

Hey sgtmaconga,

I am just down the road from you in Perry, GA.  Welcome to the forum.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill

Welcome - and congrats on your retirement

8)   8)   8)

sgtmaconga

Thanks for the hello's

blaze83 i ordered the 1220 on tuesday and it shipped thursday. i should get it on tuesday.

as far as the retirment. i've been doing police work for the last 20 years and working to stay small. i have enough work at home to keep the mill busy for a while.
Measure twice cut once

LedlieLogs

Welcome Sgtmaconga,
O yea one more Georgia boy to the fourm. Sarge I to am new at this. The help on this fourm is great. Every question I've had has already been discussed here. Use the search button it works great. Got to go to the woods right now, look forward to watching the farm come about.
LedlieLogs
Acworth, GA
Wildlife Action, GA. A great place for kids. No lights, no phone, no motorcars, not a single luxury. Just the GREAT OUTDOORS and the reason I am learning to mill and build small log cabins.

Raider Bill

Every time I drive through Macon Once a month  I remember that old movie Macon County Line..............
Welcome!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

thecfarm

Welcome Stgmaconga.What size is a Timberking 1220.Hyds.?I could look it up on their site,just to lazy for that.Do you have wood on your land to cut?I built the wife a 3 sided "barn" for one horse.Well 3 horses later,looks like a barn will be built here too.Good-luck.We like pictures,by the way.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

Welcome sgtmaconga, you'll soon find a whole lot of new friends when that mill comes home. Be lucky if there ain't a line of logs following it home.
Ed K

blaze83

Quote from: sgtmaconga on December 02, 2006, 07:16:41 AM
Thanks for the hello's

blaze83 i ordered the 1220 on tuesday and it shipped thursday. i should get it on tuesday.

Sgtmaconga,

thanks for the info....seems as though they got things streamlined again...only had half a day on the machine but sure enjoyed it...we were cutting doug fir into 2 X 6 Framing mat'l and the mill had no problem with the fir... keep us posted with pictures  :)

steve
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

Richard!  Welcome !

Makin, Geeawgia!

That makes us almost cousins or something!
;D
I'm in Dublin.

Phil L.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

sgtmaconga

Raider Bill
i know a few of the macon officers who played parts in that movie

thecfarm
the 1220 is the 15 horse 13 footer. i have a large stand of oak and hickory with a mix of pine.

Phil L.
a lot of my moms family is from your area so we might be kin.

Measure twice cut once

Raider Bill

I'm Retired LEO from NY moved to Fl 24 years ago. Now, heading to Tenn. I'll be passing you Tuesday on my way north.
Glad you got to retire.
Will be watching how you like the saw.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!