iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Yes, up in these two counties is all open farm and forest. Towns are more like villages. Woodstock might have 5500 in the town itself, the only town we call a town up here.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doc henderson

prob. many recovered, no symptoms, never tested, never diagnosed. so not counted.  lots more recovered, asymptomatic.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Hilltop366

donbj

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 10, 2020, 11:51:20 AMApparently,  a large sample of Icelandic infections revealed that 50% of the positive cases had no symptoms at all.

In this regard I'm glad I'm Icelandic, maybe won't get sick from it with that 50% info.
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Bill

On the radio today we heard a tester ( likely NJ and trustworthy ? ? ? ) say that he/she had tested folks that

> had cv19 and were now asymptomatic - recovered ? - some with so mild a case didn't know they had it  ! ! !
> have cv19 and asymptomatic
> have cv19 and are symptomatic

Also " speculated " as to when some actually " had " cv19 thinking some recalled not feeling 100% , or losing sense of smell/taste , or whatever some time back - Dec/Jan ( ? ) which may or may not be real - ie maybe early Feb or so ? ? ?

Mentioned the testing protocol being able to tell active cv19 from past incidence of cv19 but I don't recall the type of test as I was trying to do one thing at once  . . .

Magicman

While I was sawing this morning...

PatD made me a "social distancing" mask.  Dat woman loves her man!!  smiley_love
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

caveman

I thought you were a Kubota man now.  Looks good.  

My mother made me one too but mine is blue on one side and purple on the other.  I don't get out much (lately) but I wear it when I take my Pop to dialysis and pick him up.
Caveman

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

I actually found a couple N95's in my wood working stash in the basement. Might be some more in the barn that I never got ambition to look for yet. Having snow between the house and the barn doesn't heighten the enthusiasm much.  ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

I have N95 masks that I always wear when sawing, mowing, bushhogging, or using the leaf blower.  I'm paying for past sins woodworking/sanding without any type of mask/respirator.

I told my customer this morning that the mask has nothing to do with the virus, but rather dust. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 10, 2020, 02:27:28 PM
So far here in New Brunswick we have 112 known cases, I think 3 are in intensive care (only 10 were hospitalized at some point), we have 60 recovered and no deaths so far. NS has close to 4 times the cases and 2 deaths. I don't see those recovery numbers on the JHU site. I think we have been doing good so far, and we are the poorest province in the county. I have not heard of any cases in my county nor the one to the north of it.
Recoveries now stand at 70 here in New Brunswick, 42 active cases. No new cases discovered in 2 days. 3 cases in ICU and 2 others in hospital, 5 others released from hospital, no deaths.

I noticed JHU site isn't listing recoveries by state/province anymore. It wasn't tallied anyway as far as I could see.

Department of health says, "Tests are not the best way to determine recovery because,  they can still be positive even if the person is no longer contagious."

Sweden's relaxed approach.

Inside Sweden?s controversially relaxed approach to COVID-19 - Wait, There's More - Omny.fm

WV Sawmiller

I read today we have our first reported case in our county today. I don't know yet who it is but will likely hear who is a day or so.That's how things work in very rural counties like ours. Total death count for the state now looks to be 8 but that could change any minute.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Jeff on April 11, 2020, 04:39:17 PM
No Farmall material?
Quote from: Magicman on April 11, 2020, 03:15:04 PM
While I was sawing this morning...

PatD made me a "social distancing" mask.  Dat woman loves her man!!  smiley_love

Both wrong colors. Need some Oliver green...... ;D
Necessity is the engine of drive

Magicman

I have an Oliver but it is Yellow.

Stephen1

MM are they your logs?
That would be heaven to show up at a job with the logs stage like that!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

SwampDonkey

We had 2 new cases on Sunday, both over 65, in southern NB. 2 new hospitalizations also.

It's been a wild west show getting PPE it seems.

Canada building its own PPE supply chain in China | CBC News

Magicman

SwampDonkey

Message today from Lee Valley Tools in Ottawa.

"Our warehouse processing is slightly behind due to the large volume of orders we have received recently, related to the current COVID-19 pandemic situation. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by the delay."

Well, good to be busy. :D :D

caveman

As of today there are 263 cases in my county (Polk) and 3567 confirmed in Polk County and the counties that share a border with it.  Orange (Orlando) and Hillsborough (Tampa) have the most in central Florida.  

This afternoon, I did drive up a couple of counties away to pick up some sharpened blades, leave some dull ones and spring clamped cash to the table on the porch of the man who sharpened.  

Caveman

alan gage

Our rural area has remained remarkably clean so far. But Sioux Falls suddenly skyrocketed when over 200 people in a pork processing plant came down with it. I guess it kind of hammers home just how quickly things can get out of hand.

Late Friday (this is Monday) there were 80 confirmed cases and the plant was going to shut down for just 2 days to disinfect and put new procedures in place. After more than doubling the cases from the plant over the weekend they've now shut down until who knows when.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

JJ

my guess is the sale price on bacon has now ended..  :(

JJ

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: alan gage on April 13, 2020, 09:19:33 PM
Our rural area has remained remarkably clean so far. But Sioux Falls suddenly skyrocketed when over 200 people in a pork processing plant came down with it. I guess it kind of hammers home just how quickly things can get out of hand.

Late Friday (this is Monday) there were 80 confirmed cases and the plant was going to shut down for just 2 days to disinfect and put new procedures in place. After more than doubling the cases from the plant over the weekend they've now shut down until who knows when.

Alan
Just saw where they shut down a meat packing plant in Greeley Colorado after they had an outbreak of COVID 19 and the death of 2 employees from it. Stated they will be testing every employee and complete cleaning of the plant before it can reopen. It's a crazy world we're living in right now. I don't care for running medical calls at the FD at all right now. I just  a soon fight fires and call it at that.
Stay safe everyone,

Brent

Ianab

Quote from: DbltreeBelgians on April 14, 2020, 12:36:01 AMIt's a crazy world we're living in right now. I don't care for running medical calls at the FD at all right now. I just  a soon fight fires and call it at that. Stay safe everyone,

That's why outdoor pastimes that might seem low risk from a virus point of view are currently banned here. You wont get Covid-10 surfing, but you might need rescue or medical treatment. Same as Mt Biking, hiking, boating etc. Then you have to call out various rescue crews for help, and they are all "breaking the bubble" unnecessarily. 

Emergency services will of course respond, but they would MUCH rather not have to. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

stavebuyer

I responded but decided I was straying into political opinion and deleted it. Sorry.

Ianab

Depends what level of lockdown you are prepared to meet. 

What we are on here is "Level 4'". Essential services only, and stay at home unless it's essential. You can go for a walk etc, for your physical and mental health.  You can go to the supermarket, because you need food. Otherwise, stay home. 

There is no "Level 5", it's a lockdown as tight as practical. (people still need food and essential services) 

Thing is, it's mostly supported, because it's working. Today was 17 new cases, 64 "recovered", but 4 more old folks deceased. 

Emergency services wont ever refuse to respond, they just don't work that way. It's just asking mostly volunteer Firefighters / Coastguard etc to respond to something non-essential during a declared emergency situation. 

Hey , I've gone surfing in spite of the crossed flags on the beach, and most of the surf breaks here aren't patrolled anyway. But right now, it's just not wise. If you did get hurt you are asking 10 more folks to break quarantine. They would, but should they have to?
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!