iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kantuckid

In my todays emails I got one from United HealthCare (the KY Teacher Retirement Medicare Supplemental provider we get here with our retirement plan) r.e., their "Well At Home Plan" kit I can send for free. 

It consists of: #1- electronic thermometer, #2- pkg of Tamiflu cold medicine and #3- a covid-19 at home test kit along with #4- their hotline # to gain immediate doctor access for advice and diagnosis.
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Magicman

I got the call today to go in and get my Covid vaccination.  I had to stand in line 6' apart with my mask on and wait my turn.

The little girl ahead of me said that she did not feel a thing!!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

I bet the one behind her did though!!! 
  smiley_eek_dropjaw 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Tacotodd

YEP!!! Maybe not pain, but at least felt.
Trying harder everyday.

firefighter ontheside

I think I want to send some sort of prize to the first person here who actually gets a vaccine.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Walnut Beast

I'll let Mike B take my shot 😂😂😂

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Magicman on December 14, 2020, 04:01:54 PM
I got the call today to go in and get my Covid vaccination.  I had to stand in line 6' apart with my mask on and wait my turn.

The little girl ahead of me said that she did not feel a thing!!   :o
I did a double take on that one 😂😂

Larry

Quote from: kantuckid on December 14, 2020, 07:26:42 AM
In my todays emails I got one from United HealthCare (the KY Teacher Retirement Medicare Supplemental provider we get here with our retirement plan) r.e., their "Well At Home Plan" kit I can send for free.

It consists of: #1- electronic thermometer, #2- pkg of Tamiflu cold medicine and #3- a covid-19 at home test kit along with #4- their hotline # to gain immediate doctor access for advice and diagnosis.
Got my kit a while back.  The day I got the kit I also got a text asking me to take my temperature for their records.  Went ahead and recorded it for the next three days.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

kantuckid

I got the call today to go in and get my Covid vaccination.  I had to stand in line 6' apart with my mask on and wait my turn.

"Who" calls you? For that matter, I thought first line providers and residential living seniors got em first? 
Not old farts out running loose... :D

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: kantuckid on December 15, 2020, 07:15:09 AM

"Who" calls you? For that matter, I thought first line providers and residential living seniors got em first?
Not old farts out running loose... :D
I think he got "The Call" from Bubba's all night Tire Shop, Hair Salon, Laundromat, and First Aid clinic. ;D :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

kantuckid

"The call" my cousins wife got yesterday was from the hospital ICU and came not long before my cousin died from covid-19, they had a weblink of some type for his family to talk with him some, not long before he passed. 
The irony of the vaccine to save us from covid as many are still dying is sad indeed! She told me this a.m. that he'd have gotten the vaccine, no doubt. 
My student dentist told me yesterday that they get the vaccine soon. 

firefighter ontheside

I'm so sorry man.  Sadly, there will be many more who die just short of getting a vaccine.  
The first St Louisan not part of the study received the vaccine yesterday.  A doctor at a local hospital.
And so it begins.  Too late for many, but just in time for many more.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

DbltreeBelgians

So I had asked the question earlier in this thread if a person had got Covid do they get or need the vaccine.
I had a telemed call with my pulmonary doc last week and ask her the same question. She had Covid 6 weeks ago and I said I hear a lot of people are sceptical and are taking the wait and see approach and she said she has heard plenty of the same. She then told me that when the vaccine becomes available she will be the first in line to get it if that makes me feel any better about it. She then said yes get the vaccine. say_what

Brent

firefighter ontheside

I have read a few articles on that subject.  Of course, having had the virus, you have natural immunity, but the doctors who were quoted said to still get the vaccine when it becomes available.  It can only strengthen your immunity.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

kantuckid

In a pandemic does the law in no way figure into getting the covid shot? I suppose there's too much politics involved to discuss, but it does seem contrary to close a business and people lose everything they've built and saved and worked for along with lost jobs yet those actions do get mandates. 
If it's for the greater good of the entire population on earth to get people vaccinated there does IMO some merit exists for mandating the shot too, along with all this other stuff?

firefighter ontheside

There is law and precedent that supports employers and schools mandating vaccines, but none for the government to mandate a vaccine.  The other point is that with the vaccines only being approved as emergency measures and not yet full approval, employers may not be able to mandate them yet.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

DbltreeBelgians

firefighter ontheside

I got the first official notification I've had about getting vaccine.  In MO our plan for who gets vaccine is a 3 step process like most states.  Phase 1a is hospital and other patient facing medical people, plus nursing home residents.  I think that includes my wife who is technically patient facing being an audiologist.  Phase 1b includes emergency services, which is me.  The State Bureau of EMS chief advocated for EMS to be in 1a, but the state followed CDC guidelines which did not include EMS.  Another odd thing is that new standing orders for the pandemic is that EMS can administer the vaccine.  I don't expect that to happen, but interesting that its included in the plan.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

I just got mine (covid vaccine) an hour ago.  I am noticing facial hair growth and it is all white.  smiley_old_guy but it has been that way for a few years.  :) did not hurt, no immediate side effects.  I will keep you posted.!   :christmas:
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

firefighter ontheside

I was hoping you would win the prize and you did.  I'm not sure what the prize will be yet.  That's good news.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

gspren

I'm sure that hair turning gray or white is caused by marriage, at least in 90+% of my friends there was no gray before marriage. I am ready and willing to get the vaccine, at 69 and overweight I don't know if I will get any priority or not. Also don't know if I'll be notified by regular healthcare or VA, to early to guess.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

doc henderson

you might let the VA and or your doc know you are interested.  they may add you to a list. that is prob. the part that is not organized by the government, and all clinics are trying to develop queries that will help them identify and contact at risk groups.  so if you do not easily get found in the computer, might be some delay.  the question over who is willing to get it, is also out there.  if you let them know up front, it may get you a place in line earlier.

snobdds

I did the online calculator to see where I fall in the line.

I have 298,000,000 million people ahead of me. 

Lol.  

Jeff

Just a warning after perusing a few posts. DO NOT bring politics into this topic.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!