iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Final update on Mom and younger brother is Mom is home alone and pretty much back to her normal routine except she does seem to be using her rolling walker now. I called yesterday and my brother was waiting in the car (at 450+ lbs he does not get out and walk an extra step if he can help it) for SIL to help Mom down the ramp and they were all going to a Chinese restaurant for New Year dinner. I questioned whether they were all still contagious but he assured me was past the quarantine period and safe to be around others. ??? Anyway they seem to have dodged the bullet for the most part.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Don P

I did hear today that WV has done one of the best jobs of administering the vaccine among the states.

firefighter ontheside

The CDC says you have to be 10 days past onset of symptoms, fever free for 24 hours without the use of Tylenol and respiratory symptoms have to be improving before you can break quarantine.  I know this because I had to send one of my guys home yesterday who tried to come back to work a day early.  He was only at 9 days and had to go back home.

Maybe Virginia can teach something to MO.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Nebraska

WV won't teach Missouri  anything. They have to "show" them..... :D   sorry  couldn't  pass that one up...

kantuckid

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 02, 2021, 08:33:52 PM
  Final update on Mom and younger brother is Mom is home alone and pretty much back to her normal routine except she does seem to be using her rolling walker now. I called yesterday and my brother was waiting in the car (at 450+ lbs he does not get out and walk an extra step if he can help it) for SIL to help Mom down the ramp and they were all going to a Chinese restaurant for New Year dinner. I questioned whether they were all still contagious but he assured me was past the quarantine period and safe to be around others. ??? Anyway they seem to have dodged the bullet for the most part.
Not to point fingers but those Chinese buffets do indeed attract 450# people. Hard to miss observation in fact. 
 I actually like some of that stir fried stuff but we almost never go in one as my wife makes VG chicken fried rice at home and we throw in a sinful but VG, Pagoda brand pork eggroll from Wally World. Our home cooked stuff lacks the MSG that permeates those buffets. 
Great to hear yer Mom's back in gear to be back in her game. :D 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

kantuckid

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on January 02, 2021, 10:11:49 PM
The CDC says you have to be 10 days past onset of symptoms, fever free for 24 hours without the use of Tylenol and respiratory symptoms have to be improving before you can break quarantine.  I know this because I had to send one of my guys home yesterday who tried to come back to work a day early.  He was only at 9 days and had to go back home.

Maybe Virginia can teach something to MO.  
Our three GK's and son and DIL left our house for what was to be 4 days with her parents 30 miles away. She then learned that her brother (he often does stupid stuff and his wife's worse at it) had not been in quarantine and around both her parents lately, so it became an angry mess for the kids who'd looked forward to their other set of GP's. They went back to TN ticked off and back in quarantine themselves. 
We made a wally run in a heavy rain on early a.m. of new years day thinking no crowds and that worked OK except for a few dumb asses no mask. I don't blame the people at the carts for not enforcing the mask rule as who'd want that to deal with for what they get paid? Best to just make it through the day. 
I'm sure racial issues are verbotten here but there's an interesting article in the NYT's written by a African-American lady doc who says "her people" should get vaccinated first before all others, except 1st line medical like her. The numbers are there for several minority groups given the health parameters and certain "aspects" of opinions about health matters. But, in part, the same thing could be said about nursing home residents as more than a few of them are there based on how they chose to live, eat, smoke, drink, etc.. High % of "ism's in a nursing home but far from the whole story too. Thought provoking who gets vaccinated using statistical data which is not a new aspect of health matters for the overall population. 
I could argue that same minority doc could only see "her people" to be the most effective? 

kantuckid

Quote from: Nebraska on January 02, 2021, 10:33:07 PM
WV won't teach Missouri  anything. They have to "show" them..... :D   sorry  couldn't  pass that one up...
Maybe we are learning where the term "misery"(MO, get it? it's an old joke ::)) came from? 

firefighter ontheside

WV won't teach Missouri  anything. They have to "show" them..... :D   sorry  couldn't  pass that one up...
Quote from: kantuckid on January 03, 2021, 06:58:33 AM
Maybe we are learning where the term "misery"(MO, get it? it's an old joke ::)) came from?
Yeah, you gotta show us folks from misery for us to lern sumtin.
Better than Oklahoma......Oklahoma...better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Texas Ranger

I would think Missouri jokes funny, except my family used to raise mules, and we heard all the jokes. ;D 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

kantuckid

FWIW, ALL of my people come from MO. Not lately, a long time ago. 

LeeB

This thread is supposed to be just facts, so I have to think then that all the MO jokes are indeed factual? :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

kantuckid

I suspect my northern AR Ozarks kinfolk told them misery jokes :D? 
Maybe get back to the misery of covid huh?  ::)

WV Sawmiller

That reminds of the old saying "We ran off the sorriest no-count +&%3#@) in our community to MO and improved both places". :D

Okay, you can substitute MO with any state, city or region you want. ;)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

doc henderson

"so many people, so few teeth!"  also can refer to several if not all states by someone. :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WDH

Howard, this applies to Universities in the South, too  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

kantuckid

Quote from: doc henderson on January 03, 2021, 11:02:39 PM
"so many people, so few teeth!"  also can refer to several if not all states by someone. :)
Yea, and I'm in that "not enough teeth" crowd right now! My generation is in fact the pre-fluoride people.
 Wife made veg beef soup other day and a bowl took me God knows how long to munch up the beef pieces. I'm like bucky beaver what with molars gone bye bye. 
FWIW, if you know the history of American westward movement, the folks who were looking west often left where ever and went to MO next. 
Be careful where you point fingers? :D

Texas Ranger

Missouri was the gateway to the west, had some of the best rifle makers of the time.  Hawkins.  Thompson/Center Arms makes some plain jane replicas, one of which I have.  Any who, when the west started producing the products flowed back thru St. Louis, and dispersed through the river systems.  Thus ends the history lesson

Texas Ranger

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 03, 2021, 09:03:00 PM
  That reminds of the old saying "We ran off the sorriest no-count +&%3#@) in our community to MO and improved both places". :D

Some of those sorriest no-count rascals died at the Alamo, those frontier states had to have tough dudes to grow. 

firefighter ontheside

Well, I now have a date to be vaccinated.  January 26th.  This has been offered to us by the same nursing home that has been offering us the covid tests.  That means it will be the Moderna vaccine and administered by CVS or Walgreens.  I sure hoped for sooner and maybe the miserable state of Missouri will make something happen sooner, but I'm happy to have a date this month.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old saw fixer

I think MO is way ahead of us in VA.  MIL(96) is in assisted living and no word yet as to when they will get the vaccine.  My PCP is  the local covid guru, and has not said anything other than when he gets his vax he wants his pic in the local weekly getting the shot to change the anti's minds.  
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Don P

In the news today; 
The woman who was Miss Virginia in 1958 was grand marshall in the Martinsville Christmas parade, then returned home near Atlanta and caught covid apparently from a neighbor. On Christmas Eve the family recieved a call from the hospital that she had passed. Then a short while later they called back to say that as they were removing her from the ventilator they noticed she had a faint pulse. They restarted their efforts and 3 days later she woke herself from an induced coma a day early, was sitting up in bed demanding to know where she was and where is her husband. Don't mess with her!  :D

firefighter ontheside

Doc can attest to this.  Things happen that seem like miracles.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

kantuckid

Here in KY the rest of them (cabinet level officials had them first of anyone some days ago) meaning state senate and state reps., politicians and their staffs, etc. are all safe and fighting for me! They got their shots yesterday so they can now ::)"safely"! ::) raise the gas tax, make sure bourbon and horses are treated fairly. Road taxes are a huge worry for them and gotta get it done soon.  
Ky has administered 60,000 of the 175,000 doses they have received. Last night TV news he blamed the feds but same breath he said the states got to speed up delivery of the injections. 
My theory, based on personal experience of laying in a hospital bed over the holidays one year, while waiting on a heart procedure, is that the "shot people" were all celebrating Christmas... 

Roxie

Just a quick reminder that this thread isn't an opinion thread. We really don't like to remove or redirect members posts, so help a gal out.  :)

Has anyone else seen their dentist during this pandemic?  Yesterday I had an appointment for a molar extraction, and admittedly I was very surprised at all they had changed. The instructions when the appointment was made, was that I had to remain in my car and call them to announce my arrival and that someone would come out to greet me and bring me inside. A very nice young man came out took my temperature before I got out of my car and asked me all the Covid questions. The door to the dentist office is kept locked to prevent patients from coming in contact with each other mask or not. Inside the exam room was a very large piece of machinery that cleaned the air. It took up fully a quarter of the room. Does anyone know what this machine is and how it works?  

I also had to sign a waiver releasing the dentist office if I got the virus. 
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!