iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronwood

nativewolf please stay away from the political discussion so that this is not moved to the restricted board

Thanks
Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Jeff

I've been called in on the case because I am the Forestry Forum politics vaccine.

I see 3 choices here, and a 4rth for me if y'all don't pick one of the 3 other options. The first, and most logical is KNOCK OFF THE POLITICAL TALK IN THIS TOPIC. Options 2 and 3, not near as favorable and 4, well, don't do it.

Carry on Doc.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Chuck White

Yes, lots of good, and very important information is passed around in this thread!

Please help it to stay here!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

doc henderson

My wife had a zoom call for covid 19 immunization training.  She is a Wal-Mart pharmacist, and they will begin giving them when they receive a supply.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

The last post on this topic was removed and the poster lost his posting privileges for 5 1 days.  I aint kidding. Knock off the politics in this topic or anywhere else not allowed.

Telling me how you agree with a political discussion ban in this topic and at the same time make a political post.  Mistake no matter the intent.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

firefighter ontheside

That's good news Doc.  The more places that will have it, will sure help folks get it when they want.  I feel like my parents are so close to getting it.  The county hospital has now started making appointments for county residents who are in 1B.  My mom's friend said she registered and was called with an appointment time the next day.  There are other avenues that are close.  It now seems like a race to see who will be the first place to offer it to them.  Can't wait for dad and I to be around each other without masks.  I haven't gone fishing with him in over a year.  We haven't worked around the mill together without masks in 6 months or more.  Of course wearing a mask while sawing is a good idea either way, but it would sure be nice to take the mask off while we are moving wood, etc.  We will wear the masks though until dad is about a week past his second dose.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 22, 2021, 12:14:39 PM
They are just now starting to clamp down on "tourist vaxxing" down here.

Florida's Surgeon General: Prioritize Floridians for Vaccine
And so they should and then CHARGE every Canadian that gets vaccinated down there  DOUBLE the full cost of the vaccine to to help cover cost for less fortunate people in the region. They are not even supposed to be down there at all.
Some MPs are pushing for heavy fines on return to Canada in the spring and I hope they do it at about $10,000 per person. IDIOTS!!
Florida should arrest them and extradite them after they charge them criminally so they can't ever cross the border again in my opinion. But that would cost alot of money and waste a lot of court time I am afraid.     
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Walnut Beast

In the news. Firefighters in Omaha NE that got vaccinated had severe enough side effects that they had to call in sick for a day or longer

firefighter ontheside

Sadly, I think my wife's aunt and uncle were down in Florida and got vaccinated this week.  Definitely should not have gotten in line in front of Floridians who qualified, maybe those sneaky Canadians though.  Shouldn't be delaying the state in moving on to the next phase of vaccinations.
Mom was disappointed they did not get a call today.  Maybe tomorrow.

I've known a few firefighters who would use any excuse to get out of working.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

Well, I see and understand how folks are doing what they can to find the shot where they can. I get it and lacking any coherent system of rules and regulation, I don't blame them. People have an urge to survive and this is likely how each individual sees it. As I said, I get it, can't blame them. I am surprised that so many of these stories seem to come out of Florida though. They seem to have a pretty good supply. My state distributes based on the population in that county, but the issue, as has been noted here in so many states and counties around the country is that each county is either very good, or not so good at distribution. My county has setup 2 centers at each end of the county that can distribute 20,000 inoculations a week and they have the staff on hand to do that. But they are allocated only 1,200 doses a week, and when the delivery shows up, there are only 900. They have staff to run 6 days per week, so they can ramp up and they wind up shutting the centers for 4 days because they have no vaccine.
 I am over 65, my wife (bless her heart) is over 70, but we can wait. I want to know all the 1A folks are taken care of FIRST (which they are not at this crawling pace). I know there are big problems, we all have to stay calm and let the process get worked out, it will happen. Let's get the important folks taken care of first, then move on. We will have this down as a routine soon enough.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Hilltop366

The province of Nova Scotia has made more information available on where Covid 19 cases were and are, instead of just 4 regions they have made the information available by health region.

In my area that would include 3 counties (about 80 miles in each direction from me) there has only been 1 known case in my health region. It was a collage student that arrived and didn't think he had to abide to the 14 day isolation rule and ended up testing positive. (the collage is 40 miles from me) He was expelled from the university and sent back to where he came from after he completed the isolation.

Sometime it is nice to be at the end of nowhere.

Runningalucas

Quote from: Walnut Beast on January 22, 2021, 07:05:26 PM
In the news. Firefighters in Omaha NE that got vaccinated had severe enough side effects that they had to call in sick for a day or longer
Thanks for posting, Do you have a link, or know which vaccine they took/got?  I heard about some nurses in Europe getting sick from it, but then not; lots of questionable news out there.
Each manufacturer is producing their own unique version, along with specific boosters.    Has anyone heard anything like this?  Do they give you a choice of which manufacturer?

There is no single 'vaccine', but multiple competitors.... It almost feels like a Ford, meets Dodge, meets Chevy, and anymore gotta throw in the rice burner, so meets Toyota, lol.  

I'm really on the fence, and am looking for information that covers the actual differences; I guess at some point, we'll know which one works best, which one doesn't, and perhaps any that are no good, and for who(all).  
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

doc henderson

'Hope and joy my common side effects,' Doctor shares symptoms of second dose of COVID-19 vaccine

sounds like the usual side effects of any good vaccine.  your immune system reacts as though you have the virus, and you have fever, muscle aches, fatigue, headache.  most of those were out a day or two.  most first responder groups have a rule that if you are not 100%, you do not come to work.  one said she felt ill, but it was better than getting the virus.  serious side effect or allergic reactions put you on a ventilator and in ICU for a week, by a doctors definition.  these sound par for the course.

Don P

The chances of a bad outcome from the vaccine is on the order of 1 in the many tens of thousands. The chances of a bad outcome from Covid is in the range of 1 in the low hundreds, you don't have to take off your mittens to do that kind of cyphering.  One more reason, I heard on the way home today, one of the new UK variants is more lethal.

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Walnut Beast on January 12, 2021, 06:57:40 PM
That not wanting to get vaccinated like me. Isn't going to last. I think over time you will be required to show that card to do or get into many places you need to go
It's already starting. Some Airlines are requiring a digital verification of your vaccine from your I phone 

dougtrr2

Iowa just opened up the vaccine to 65 and older.  My wife and I will get it at some point.  But being retired we can relatively easily limit our exposure. So we will wait until the people who truly need to be in line, (first responders, health care workers, teachers, etc) are taken care of before we get it.

Doug in SW IA 

SwampDonkey

My aunt is in a private care home and she is getting the vaccine on Monday. My cousin had to go into the home to sign papers to go ahead.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doc henderson

I will just say I had a nice PM exchange with @nativewolf .  his intent was proper to lend some context, as he has personal knowledge of history and politics.  however, we are also trying to keep this thread just about the facts and not politics as best we can.  he understands that.  I have been sent to the woodshed a few times in the past.  Thanks for the conversation NW.

barbender

You bunch of ol woodshedders. Maybe we need to make some t shirts or something for those of you that have been to "the hole"😂😂
Too many irons in the fire

Gary_C

I've tried to sneak a peek in there following a post that was sent there and got booted out. Does that count?
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Walnut Beast

Quote from: dougtrr2 on January 23, 2021, 08:00:31 AM
Iowa just opened up the vaccine to 65 and older.  My wife and I will get it at some point.  But being retired we can relatively easily limit our exposure. So we will wait until the people who truly need to be in line, (first responders, health care workers, teachers, etc) are taken care of before we get it.

Doug in SW IA
I totally agree. I wish more stores would make more flexible hours for older and disabled people to shop before everybody else gets in the store

nativewolf

Quote from: doc henderson on January 23, 2021, 02:39:03 PM
I will just say I had a nice PM exchange with @nativewolf .  his intent was proper to lend some context, as he has personal knowledge of history and politics.  however, we are also trying to keep this thread just about the facts and not politics as best we can.  he understands that.  I have been sent to the woodshed a few times in the past.  Thanks for the conversation NW.
Oh no worries, thanks for the note.  You've done a huge service providing details on the medical side of things and I (and I am sure all others) greatly appreciate it.  I'm also sure we are all hoping for the point where this thread is history.  In this time I think it is important to focus on the commonality of our experiences and goals.  They have much more in common than any differences.  I'm not saying that well am I?  What connects us all is much deeper than what separates us so lets (society) pay a bit more attention to what connects us.
Here is a great fact, my mom got her first shot yesterday.  She's an hour south of Don.  Dad gets this week.  
Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!