iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Quote from: barbender on February 07, 2021, 06:49:31 PM
Why doesn't the government pick up the full tab of the employee's wages?
When businesses have been forced to shut during a lock-down, the wage subsidy was 80%. This is more like an emergency unemployment benefit if you have to take a couple of weeks off due to being exposed. It's likely that it wont be used very often as cases are very few, but it will take that pressure off part time and low paid workers that might otherwise need to come in even if they are unwell or potentially exposed. It just takes away some of that pressure to "come in anyway".  
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ed_K

That was very informative, especialy since they talk of using it to cure other diseases. Maybe my cancer someday.
Ed K

Texas Ranger

24 hours after second shot.  Sore shoulder.

Nebraska

Wife and  I got boostered today, we will see how this goes.

Old saw fixer

Our oldest daughter got her first dose of Moderna yesterday.  She works for the County School Board in the central office.  She had some discomfort in her injection site "like a golf ball in there" and some sweating.  Young daughter is on the fence, still breastfeeds her little one at night and is not sure if that would be good for him.  She also works in the county schools as a special needs teacher in the high school.  My MIL (97) has had both doses of Moderna and no bad effects.
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

firefighter ontheside

I had similar with my arm both times.  There was a little bit of a knot around the injection site.  It lasted about 2 days.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

my wife had her second dose yesterday, and said it hurt to lay on that arm while sleeping.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Texas Ranger

48 hours since 2nd shot, no reaction.  I joked with the guy that gave me the shots, said I heard the first shot was a placebo, the second shot was the real thing.  Without missing a beat he said "Yeah, it's also has the microchip!"

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Gary_C

I am still waiting not so patiently to be notified that both my wife and I are eligible to make an appointment for the vaccine. We are both in the over 75 age group but as the last health care worker at my clinic admitted, MN is a mess and not getting any better.

But I have a question based on what they are saying in my area. the instructions are for when you are scheduled to bring your insurance card with you. The vaccine is free but your insurance will be billed for the administration fee and most insurance will pay 100 %. So who pays if you don't have insurance? 
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

doc henderson

my wife is working in the city today and they by percentage have given much less than our town of 40k.  it gets complicated at 500k.

Nebraska

Ok so 24 hrs post injection.  I think I've got a good take from the vaccination.  Flu like symptoms, low grade temp. Just kinda feel crummy.  Pushed through  work til 24hrs post injection and took some Tylenol,. It helped.  

Walnut Beast

Nebraska

Kinda sweated out the night but slept well. Actually feeling pretty normal  so the rxn was roughly  30hrs.  This morning, injection site is sore, The rest of me isn't perfect (obviously ;))  but feeing much better. I've got the day off so gotta get going and plug the tractor in.

Texas Ranger

Texas Ranger

Polk County, Texas, has a mortality rate of .0294, Texas rate .0159, US rate of .0171. We are a retirement community some 70 miles north of Houston, a good number of retired energy industry folks.  And yet these fine citizens ignore masks and distancing, some deny the existence of the virus, the science. Heavy losses in my age bracket, the young folks must think they are bullet proof, if they are, the bullets are ricocheting and killing us.

doc henderson

we are seeing more folks that had it a month ago, and fewer "got diagnosed 5 days ago".  lots of morbidity a month later like blood clots ect.  It was about 5 days after testing + that many then came to the hospital sick enough to get admitted.

Ianab

Quote from: doc henderson on February 11, 2021, 03:09:32 PM
we are seeing more folks that had it a month ago, and fewer "got diagnosed 5 days ago".  lots of morbidity a month later like blood clots ect.  It was about 5 days after testing + that many then came to the hospital sick enough to get admitted.
Most of the deaths do seem to occur 2-3 weeks after infection, complications setting in maybe? Most people seem to shake it after a week or so, but if it lingers on, they steadily get worse. 
It is encouraging to to see the "3rd wave" seems to have peaked, in early Jan, but with deaths following 3 or 4 weeks later, the death numbers have only just peaked this month. 

Here's hoping enough vaccine gets distributed to stop a "4th wave"  ::)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Nebraska

firefighter ontheside

I'm almost 2 weeks now since my second dose.  It feels good to be at that point.  I'm happy more and more are getting it, even if its slower than I would like.
We haven't ran calls at the nursing homes much during the last year.  They have not wanted any of us in there to risk brining the virus in.  Last week I went inside a nursing home for the first time in 9 months.  It was for a cardiac arrest of a 60something male who had recently "recovered" from Covid.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

gspren

Wife and I got our first dose of Pfizer today, second shot scheduled March 4th. We are anxious to get these behind us, we know it still won't be "normal", but maybe a little closer to it. 
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Ianab

Quote from: Gary_C on February 10, 2021, 04:49:42 PMBut I have a question based on what they are saying in my area. the instructions are for when you are scheduled to bring your insurance card with you. The vaccine is free but your insurance will be billed for the administration fee and most insurance will pay 100 %. So who pays if you don't have insurance?

At a guess, you do. But it's should be the "negotiable cash price", not the made up invoiced price they charge the insurance company, then discount back to what it actually costs.... 

First vaccine doses are supposed to arrive here in NZ in a week or 2, but the actual vaccination program is realistically going to take the rest of the year, and that's probably the same everywhere? First doses go to border security staff, aircrew, port workers etc. They are most likely to be exposed, and take it home with them. After that I guess it's the most vulnerable folks, and then work their way down the list. 

doc henderson

they are billing insurance to get something to help pay for the staff that was "hired" to give it.  If your insurance does not cover, or you do not have insurance, I have been told it will be waived.  It may depend on where you get it.  Walmart, vs health department.  any agency that has non reimbursed expenses, can apply for money to help.  our hospital has kept track of all the additional stuff done in the name of covid, and can submit it.  it will not be dollar for dollar, but every bit helps.  

Don P

We're still on the double secret waiting list  ::)
Doc have you heard if there is supposed to be a waiting period between injection and elective surgeries, I've asked her to check with the surgeon's nurse as well.

I heard a piece on the radio on the way home a week or two ago. They checked the DNA of the virus on a gentleman that ended up being a long hauler. When they checked him the first time he had the original US variant. After a long battle they checked again, he had bred 20 different variants. I don't know if any of the variants had mutated enough to be considered new strains but that sounds like playing a game of whack-a-mole.

Thank You Sponsors!