iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BradMarks

My wife got the one shot J&J on Wednesday. So far no reaction, maybe a little tired but that could be due to the activity level she's had.  But, she gets annual flu shots, ever since she worked for the school district.  Me, never a flu shot ever, so not starting now.  Might add that 5 yrs ago I did have a severe viral infection, went to the doctor, and was told "nothing they could do for me".  What did I do? as I felt like crap for 10 days.  Wore a mask (so as not to expose others) for the half day at work I could manage, and slept, sorta, on the couch for 10 nights so at least the wife could have some peace. 

Runningalucas

My nephew's mother in law, she was 65, got the second of a 2 shot vaccine on a Thursday morning.  She said she wasn't feeling well, and wanted to go home.  Friday evening, they did a welfare check on her, and found her in her bathroom in a pool of black blood; they think she'd laid there since returning home on Thursday.  She died that Saturday in hospital; they said she had an aneurysm in 'an unusual location'. 

Vaccine related, or just timing, and poor luck of the draw, I don't know.  Her parents are still alive, and around 100.  In this day, and age, had she tested positive for covid, it'd be labeled as a covid death; yet the D.C. shows no mention of the vaccine; I find that convenient.  The funeral was last week.
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

brianJ

Quote from: Magicman on April 02, 2021, 09:33:19 AM

I think that some of the reactions that some folks have is them looking for a reaction.  Who is to say that they would not have had that headache, etc. anyway?
This is so common the word nocebo was coined 

doc henderson

I am sorry for your family.  the only way I can think of a ruptured aneurysm being worsened by the vaccine is if she had high blood pressure and it made it go up.  any death in proximity to a drug under investigation should be reported and reviewed.  Most folks are having "mild" symptoms more consistent with what you get with a virus and recover in a few days.  maybe an AV malformation in her colon?  most aneurysms the blood remains internal.  usually an aneurysm has been there for years, and found by accident (serendipity) or when they bleed.  I doubt it was from the vaccine.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Bruno of NH

I got my first Pfizer on Tuesday and today I got a strange headache. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jeff

My bp has been around 115-120 over 70-75 for months. Today it is 139 over 90 and I aint did a blame thing today. Laid around and sat around.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

gspren

Wife and I had no noticeable reaction to either shot, pfizer, maybe just lucky or maybe it's not working for us. As to headaches, I'm 69 and have never had one, dad lived to 90 and never had a headache, we were both accused of causing them. 
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: kantuckid on April 02, 2021, 09:01:31 AMI saw where a fellow MC tourer/rider had his shot card laminated as he dreams about a return to the Alps.
Seems pre-mature or illogical when there's the possibility that the bureaucrats may invent a covid passport thingie?
I cannot visualize a handwritten card that's easily forged by anyone with a ballpoint pen, becoming a golden ticket? I just folded mine into my billfold.
kantuckid,

Have you traveled much internationally? Are you familiar with the International Vaccination Record? Many countries require certain shots (I know many African countries require proof of Yellow Fever vaccination within the last 10 years) before you can enter and this yellow, tri-fold card is the standard document they are looking for. Most of the entries on mine are in ballpoint pen with the nurse or tech giving the shot providing the name and date of the vaccination. Some entries have an official looking stamp, many entries do not. I have never had any problem traveling throughout 5 different continents showing this card at Immigration and Passport Control in the various airports. My wife and I took ours along and had the folks annotate ours showing the date and type Covid vaccination we got. I would expect this entry to be honored almost anywhere in the world based on many years and tons of miles in dozens of countries.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

Well, I'm currently running a 101.7 temp. Tammy is normal. I'm not feeling sick really, just wiped out.

Brucer

Quote from: sawguy21 on March 30, 2021, 11:51:55 AM

...  Apparently people in my age group are eligible for the first shot sometime in April but so far not dates are being made public, it is very frustrating. I just want to get it over with.

Sawguy, you can book your appointment now (well, on Saturday). There's an online form (I don't have the link) or you can book by phone. The toll free number for the Interior Health region is 877-740-7747.

They accelerated the program in early March and instead of accepting a new age group weekly, they've been going down in one-year increments. The phone number starts with a recorded message saying what ages can apply at beginning at noon. If you meet the required age, you just stay on the line and a human will come on to book your appointment.

Barb's been keeping tabs and on Monday it was 74 years and older, but on Tuesday they were accepting 73 years and up. She was only on hold for about 9 minutes and the whole process was very straightforward (have your health insurance number handy).

They managed to throw us for a loop when Barb was all booked and they asked if there was anyone else in the household who needed a shot. She said yes, but her husband was younger than she was. "Doesn't matter, we can book him now."  So I got to jump the line ;D.

Anyway, I saw on the news there were making appointments for 72 and older today. And, yes, as far as I know, they're taking calls on Saturdays.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Brucer

This is some information I pulled out of the Pfizer-BioNTech monograph. Moderna is the same class of vaccines so I imagine the numbers will be similar.

For 56 years and older, the 3 most common systemic reactions after the first doses are:
1) Fatigue - 34% of vaccine recipients
2) Headache - 25% of vaccine recipients
3) New (or worse) muscle pain - 14% of vaccine recipients

In order to standardize responses, the participants were given a checklist of possible reactions, plus space to write in any others that weren't listed. Here's the interesting part. The placebo group reported the following:
1) Fatigue - 23% of placebo group
2) Headache - 18% of placebo group
3) New (or worse) muscle pain - 8% of placebo group

So it looks as though anticipation plays a factor.

The numbers for the 18-55 year old group were all higher.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on April 02, 2021, 10:18:27 PM
Well, I'm currently running a 101.7 temp. Tammy is normal. I'm not feeling sick really, just wiped out.
FWIW Jeff, I had my shot the same day as y'all. Wife has no issues and I didn't think I did either, except that I didn't do anything all day. Not sick or anything, just not motivated. I did some 'chair work' and cleaned a chimney quick and dirty after a small chimney fire, but only because I had to. I had attributed it to distraction by the Idiot next door dropping 80' EWP trees within 30' of his house with back lean toward my house. It was a circus of inexperience and had me a bit concerned. But maybe it was just fatigue, I was in bed by ten. I do have the muscle soreness in that shoulder and when I rolled over at 2am it woke me up. I felt like I had been stacking 6x6's all day.
 No big deal though if it works the way it is supposed to. The CDC yesterday announced greatly relaxed travel advisories for vaccinated folks eliminating quarantine requirements in many cases, so that is good too.
 Just relax and give it another day, that is my plan anyway.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

kantuckid

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on April 02, 2021, 09:31:29 PM
Quote from: kantuckid on April 02, 2021, 09:01:31 AMI saw where a fellow MC tourer/rider had his shot card laminated as he dreams about a return to the Alps.
Seems pre-mature or illogical when there's the possibility that the bureaucrats may invent a covid passport thingie?
I cannot visualize a handwritten card that's easily forged by anyone with a ballpoint pen, becoming a golden ticket? I just folded mine into my billfold.
kantuckid,

Have you traveled much internationally? Are you familiar with the International Vaccination Record? Many countries require certain shots (I know many African countries require proof of Yellow Fever vaccination within the last 10 years) before you can enter and this yellow, tri-fold card is the standard document they are looking for. Most of the entries on mine are in ballpoint pen with the nurse or tech giving the shot providing the name and date of the vaccination. Some entries have an official looking stamp, many entries do not. I have never had any problem traveling throughout 5 different continents showing this card at Immigration and Passport Control in the various airports. My wife and I took ours along and had the folks annotate ours showing the date and type Covid vaccination we got. I would expect this entry to be honored almost anywhere in the world based on many years and tons of miles in dozens of countries.
Yes, I/we have traveled extensively. I'm familiar because I've had the yellow card->several times in fact, as I went back into the military in my 40's.
I've also mentioned that our oldest son, a pilot and former 10+ yrs Marine aviator, is the ONLY person among his fellow civilian test pilots & mechanics to get the vaccination who are ALL former Marines, as the Marines are the only users of that aircraft. I feel certain they all had yellow cards too. The times have changed and people are looking differently at covid vs. say yellow fever, etc. Even the CDC has changed it's messages from day to day, one day it's not OK and the head is tearfully saying so, day later a totally different message, r. e. foreign travel! 
That same son's GF is Colombian and no, he has not been down to see her lately.  
 And yes it was always handwritten but the huge difference is we are in a world wide pandemic and people have been acting far differently for over a year. In todays newspaper is an article on Toronto, Canada where businesses have been shutdown for over a year. They had planned for hairdressers and outdoor eating and now thats apparently not gonna happen. 
Common sense would hope your correct that it will not become complicated & even more restrictive to travel outside the USA but to date, that's not seeming the case from what I read.

Yesterday I told my wife I was going to take a look at the FL state parks we have stayed in winters past. I did find a few next winter spots but it was very few indeed. Typically I can piece together a trip with stays at various parks and jiggety jogging between openings. Not gonna happen in 2022 as many are already booked using the eleven month window for reservations. Openings begin to show up in Dec 2021 then disappear for the entire 11 months. Even single night stays were gone! Even the more northern FL parks are often full up which usually have openings when it's chilly up there, not many now.  I'm thinking that some Canadians may have just stayed down there? Plus the number of boomers has increased greatly as more do retire each year. 
Take a look see at foreign travel-it will take more than simple acceptance of our handwritten covid shot card as many countries are very much not allowing travelers in.  

Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Jeff

I took some tylenol last night and my temp is back to normal this morning. I now have a dull ache in the back of my head this morning.

Jeff

I think I'm having such a strong immune response because I've been through this before and my body knows how to do an all out attack.  I still think I had this in Novembrr and December of 19, a month before they say it was here.

After being up and around this morning, I'm doing much better. Maybe Ill put the new exaust manifold on sweaty today, my 49 8n

Ljohnsaw

They dropped the age down to 50 here so I'm eligible.  Went on my medical web site.  The two local 10-mile away spots only have openings April 28th on.  Looked up one 20 miles away and they had one for tomorrow but when I picked it, it said supplies limited and kicked me out.  Went back in and got an appointment finally for Tuesday 8 am after MANY go-rounds.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

kantuckid

Ky has gone to ALL! adults get the vaccine. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Roxie

Got my shot yesterday and I got nothing. Not even a sore arm. Everyone is sure different. 
Say when

Bruno of NH

I have a temp today and still have the weird headache and running nose.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

21incher

Quote from: Roxie on April 03, 2021, 11:54:06 AM
Got my shot yesterday and I got nothing. Not even a sore arm. Everyone is sure different.

While I was laying  on the couch recovering from side effects.  My Wife that got the 2nd shot the same time as me but didn't have any problems brought  me over a glass of ice water.  I asked how she was feeling and she said fine, then a pause and then There's a reason men don't  give birth. Explained it all  :D. Finally back to normal but still have achy joints I didn't  have before. 

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

caveman

Today, an acquaintance of mine, 46 years old died of Covid.  She was the mother of a couple of students I had a few years ago.  She was an active FFA alumni member.  It was a shock to many.  Evidently she had a few underlying conditions.  My take on this virus is that it is not a big deal for most but for some it is.  My wife, who was reluctant to get a vaccine, got the Moderna vaccine today.
Caveman

firefighter ontheside

I'm sorry to hear that Caveman.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

none of us know the answers for sure.  decide for yourself and live with the consequences.  glad that most are doing ok.  loving life!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Larry

I've had both shots of Moderna.  Only side effect was my arm hurt a little the next day after the second shot.  No big deal as sometimes my arm hurts the same after I get the flu shot.

Funny thing I started having these dreams that say vote Bill 24.......  Whats that about? :D

Took a picture of my vaccination card so I can flash it to the pretty girls.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!