iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

They ask (over the phone) but send a person to do a quick medical screening (height/weight/BP/respiration/etc) to your house (been there, done that).  As long as that person is not a smoker, they can tell the moment you open your door if you smoke or not! ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

repmma

Quote from: ljohnsaw on October 02, 2021, 04:55:34 PM
They ask (over the phone) but send a person to do a quick medical screening (height/weight/BP/respiration/etc) to your house (been there, done that).  As long as that person is not a smoker, they can tell the moment you open your door if you smoke or not! ;)
Maybe for a life insurance policy but not my health insurance, ive never had to deal with a single question for that. 
Hell we couldn't even get soda off the food stamp list because it was discrimination.  Never mind it has zero nutritional value, rots teeth and health while on the taxpayers tab.  So much for the greater good.  
Just find the whole argument about non vax straining the system (greater good talk) as a slippery slope when the majority of Americas problem (covid and health system strain) is centered on the simple fact obesity prevails.  Easier to take pills (or mandate a vaccine) then it is to get Americans to drop the lbs.
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

doc henderson

they can tell from hair and blood as well.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

HemlockKing

Quote from: doc henderson on October 03, 2021, 06:01:41 AM
they can tell from hair and blood as well.
Keep your head shaved and don't smoke for a week or 2? Nicotine only stays in the system a few hours right? Devils advocate here lol 
A1

Stephen1

Quote from: repmma on October 03, 2021, 05:01:53 AM
They ask (over the phone) but send a person to do a quick medical screening (height/weight/BP/respiration/etc) to your house (been there, done that).  As long as that person is not a smoker, they can tell the moment you open your door if you smoke or not! ;)
Maybe for a life insurance policy but not my health insurance, ive never had to deal with a single question for that.
Hell we couldn't even get soda off the food stamp list because it was discrimination.  Never mind it has zero nutritional value, rots teeth and health while on the taxpayers tab.  So much for the greater good.  
Just find the whole argument about non vax straining the system (greater good talk) as a slippery slope when the majority of Americas problem (covid and health system strain) is centered on the simple fact obesity prevails.  Easier to take pills (or mandate a vaccine) then it is to get Americans to drop the lbs.
I believe that to be our biggest evil, for our healthcare system, obesity.  Add sugar as that is what causes most of it in some form or another. Banning sugar is like banning tobacco or alchohol, almost everyone is addicted to one or another is some form. Food companies spend millions figuring out how to make us buy more twinkies! Adding sugar and fat to make something taste good.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

firefighter ontheside

Wife and I got our booster of Pfizer on friday at Walmart.  She had a pretty bad headache during the night and next day.  I had a slight headache during the night and sore arm.  My headache was gone when I got up at 7, which is late for me.  Arm is still slightly sore to the touch, but not bothering me at all.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

HemlockKing

Quote from: Stephen1 on October 03, 2021, 10:43:39 AM
Quote from: repmma on October 03, 2021, 05:01:53 AM
Hell we couldn't even get soda off the food stamp list because it was discrimination.  Never mind it has zero nutritional value, rots teeth and health while on the taxpayers tab.  So much for the greater good.  
Just find the whole argument about non vax straining the system (greater good talk) as a slippery slope when the majority of Americas problem (covid and health system strain) is centered on the simple fact obesity prevails.  Easier to take pills (or mandate a vaccine) then it is to get Americans to drop the lbs.
I believe that to be our biggest evil, for our healthcare system, obesity.  Add sugar as that is what causes most of it in some form or another. Banning sugar is like banning tobacco or alchohol, almost everyone is addicted to one or another is some form. Food companies spend millions figuring out how to make us buy more twinkies! Adding sugar and fat to make something taste good.
They might as well just stock grocery store shelves with isles and isles of bags of sugar, and salt. That’s what the food all is now. All the same substance in different slop form and different dye colors 
A1

Ianab

QuoteNZ has 90 and that isn't even enough...
NZ is Aiming for 90% of eligible folks, which works out at about 75% of the total population.  Currently it's only 45% fully vaccinated, and 75% partly. That isn't enough, it merely slows the spread a bit.

Currently places like Denmark and Ireland are up to those sorts of numbers (90% of eligible / ~75% of total pop), have lifted most restrictions. Although they are still recording some cases, most of them are "mild", not needing hospital level care, because they are either breakthrough cases or children. That's where NZ now hopes to be by Christmas. 

A big incentive to get vaccinated will be the ability to travel. Your Govt may not be able to put a blanket mandate on Citizens getting vaccinated, and ours has said they wont. But if you want to travel to Australia from NZ or the US, or into NZ from any other place, you will need proof of vaccination to get a visa. Air New Zealand and Qantas (main Aussie airline) wont even let on an international flight from next month without a vaccination, even if the destination country doesn't care. Their aeroplanes, their rules.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

OlJarhead

Website not allowed/covid-19/jj-vaccine-possibly-linked-two-more-serious-health-conditions-eu-regulator-finds

and that one is pretty scary.
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Ianab

Someone's either very bad at maths and has slipped a couple of decimal points, or is straight out lying. 
QuoteOut of more than 51,000 Covid deaths in England between January and July 2021, only 256 occurred after two doses.

They were mostly people at very high risk from illness from Covid-19

Covid deaths rare among fully vaccinated - ONS - BBC News

That makes the actual % of fully vaccinated deaths about 0.6% of the total.  There were about 600 deaths after only one shot, or too recent after a 2nd, but even then it only brings it up to a bit over 1% of the deaths with partial vaccination. 

There is a reason that Twitter might not be the most reliable news source. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

OlJarhead

it's direct from the UK government vs the BBC
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Ianab

The link I posted IS directly to the BBC web page.  Says 256 vaccinated deaths out of 51,000. Thats about 0.6 %, not 63 %

firefighter ontheside

And it says that the majority of those break thru cases that lead to death are among at risk folks who have underlying conditions, which makes it even more significant.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Ianab on October 03, 2021, 06:55:49 PM
QuoteNZ has 90 and that isn’t even enough…
NZ is Aiming for 90% of eligible folks, which works out at about 75% of the total population.  Currently it's only 45% fully vaccinated, and 75% partly. That isn't enough, it merely slows the spread a bit.destination country doesn't care. Their aeroplanes, their rules.
Yeah, I knew 90% wasn't vaccinated in NZ. Just another example of mixing up the message. :D

We are over 80% fully vaccinated in NB and a lot of cases from mainly unvaccinated who don't follow guidelines in large gatherings. Those in hospital right now are not fully vaccinated, but yet 'fix me, I'm sick'. Not that it isn't your right to refuse a vaccine, but is being real sick nice?  Not everyone not taking a vax will get real sick if they get COVID, but how do you know? Lots who did get it bad, and asked themselves why they didn't get vaxed days before they died.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

I got my Pfizer booster shot at Walmart yesterday!

No sideaffects whatsoever!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

hacknchop

I don't think the "alternate facts" thing is helping anyone, I trust the sources that are informing us all along sometimes even just boring facts  instead of sources that put out "click bait" as facts. 
Often wrong never indoubt

Walnut Beast

Well the so called experts sure don't know all the facts. 

doc henderson

sadly politics are trying to use the facts they want to an advantage.  there remain unknowns, and we may all change recommendations as more info comes to light.  It is hard for people (including docs) to navigate the bull and the politics.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Gary_C

Quote from: doc henderson on October 05, 2021, 04:37:19 AM
  It is hard for people (including docs) to navigate the bull and the politics.
It's way worse than hard. But it's easy if you just follow the money. 
Now time to make REAL money... Pill to treat Covid-19 cuts the risk of death by half, says Merck, which will seek its emergency authorization
"They took their previous product called ivermectin (which had won a nobel prize for medicine) which cost about $12 per treatment and called it dangerous. Then they turn around and make a pill almost identical to ivermectin and call it a miracle drug and charge $700 per treatment."
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

doc henderson

there have been no studies showing a benefit with ivermectin and I am not sure what the Merck pill is similar to.  I was told more like Tamiflu, which is a antiviral pill.

Gary_C

Yes, I agree that Ivermectin may or may not be similar to the new pill called Molnupiravir. It is just another question that is hard to answer these days. Here is another piece of information about Ivermectin.

Flawed ivermectin preprint highlights challenges of COVID drug studies

And here is more info from another link.

How does this treatment (Molnupiravir) relate to ivermectin?
This is simple: it doesn't. But it's worth taking a look at what data are available for each. Ivermectin, ironically, is another Merck drug. 

Early in the pandemic, there were studies in cell cultures that showed that ivermectin and another drug, hydroxychloroquine, might be worth testing as Covid-19 treatments. Multiple studies have failed to show a benefit for hydroxychloroquine, but the picture is murkier for ivermectin. Still, one of the largest studies showing a benefit was withdrawn due to widespread flaws.

There is a study conducted in Brazil, the Together Trial, that tested a three-day course of ivermectin compared to placebo and showed there was no benefit on hospitalizations and ER visits. That would make it unlikely that ivermectin, an old antiparasitic, would have efficacy approaching this newer antiviral.

Drug companies are unlikely to conduct large, rigorous studies of older generic medicines — although Novartis did begin, then stop, a hydroxychloroquine study. But right now it is unlikely that ivermectin is the oral Covid medicine the world needs. Molnupiravir, on the other hand, might be.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

PoginyHill

IMO, vaccines are like anything else in life - a trade-off. One of my favorite books is Thomas Sowell's A Conflict of Visions. In that book and in other writings of his, he talks often that there are almost no "pure solutions" to anything. Vaccines or other treatments are not perfect solutions. There are potential side effects, there are instances where a vaccine or treatment do nothing for some individuals, etc... Personally I look at it like what gives me the best chance for a good outcome? For me, I choose vaccines. I choose to wear a seatbelt. I choose to wear chainsaw chaps and safety glasses. None will eliminate all chance of a bad outcome, but I like the odds better than other alternatives I have.
In most cases seat belts will help in an accident. But there are instances where they can make matters worse. Years ago, my FIL escaped being run over by a semi trailer turning in his VW beetle by getting out quickly. He says a seatbelt may have prevented his escape in that case.
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

Thank You Sponsors!