iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_H

Sure scary that the freest countries are giving it up so fast. Australia is doing some head bashing and skull fracturing right now. I keep hearing politicians  talk about a reset and I don't like what I see right now. Maybe part of the reset is deleting the Constitutions of these free countries seeing a lot of folks are willing to do so.
Here are a couple fellas looking after Granny

74 Yr Old Woman Tackled And Pepper Sprayed By Australia Police - YouTube
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

HemlockKing

Quote from: Hilltop366 on November 15, 2021, 12:09:41 PM
A freedom comment got me to wondering if there is a freedom rating for countries so I googled it, results that were found from Freedom index by country 2021.

The ten countries with the highest human freedom indexes (the freest countries in the world) are:

-
A1

Southside

China is #3 on the list.  NZ came out last week and told schools to call the poice if "un jabbed" show up at the school.  Anyone can make some snappy graphs and create lists, saw it on the internet so it must be true.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

Perception is everything. There's no place I'd rather live than where I am. It ain't half bad when I know there are far worst places. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Paul_H

Perception reminds me of the frog in the pot of water and set on the fire. "ah,the water's fine "

HemlockKing

A1

Ianab

Please remember this isn't the political thread  :-\
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Stephen1

Quote from: Ianab on November 14, 2021, 03:48:55 AM
How to spread Covid in one easy lesson....

Find your Sister is living in Auckland, where Covid is currently circulating, and is feeling sick.
Drive 4 hours each way, bypassing border controls for all but "essential" workers, and bring her "home'.
Don't get vaccinated...
Don't use the contract tracing app on your phone, or even the manual sign in.
Infect the rest of your family.
Ignore the requests to get tested when the virus shows up in the town waste water for a week.
Go to the pharmacy 3 times in 3 days for "flu" medicine.
Call ambulance when Dad can't breath, but refuse a test until the police arrive and tell you it's a Public Health Order.
Now all 6 people in the house have tested positive...

Good news? 3 of them are children, but haven't been at school or kindy, and are probably going to be OK. The hospital patient is well enough to go home.

I don't wish them harm, but they did everything they could to spread the virus. Like, we know that the virus is eventually going to reach here, but it didn't need that sort of knucklehead help. Of course their names haven't been made public, but it's a small town, so it's not a secret. But I'm not rushing round there with torches and pitchforks. Just disappointed.

We are now at 81% fully vaccinated, and 90% have had at least one shot. At 90% fully vaccinated restrictions are supposed to ease. But chances are there will still be cases, and some deaths. But we are in that messy almost vaccinated / need to open up businesses area.

Summer should help too, less virus transmission and all that.
Ianab, That is why we will never eradicate this disease. We will never stop the spread. I believed Larry Brilliant last year when I heard his TED talk on calling a pandemic and the worst thing we could do was lock down the world. The  human suffering and economic destruction will be felt for a very long time. It will be far worse that a few people dying from the disease.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

HemlockKing

A1

BradMarks

The numbers from today's paper in our county. 67% vaccinated, which includes one or two or maybe even three shots at this point.  About 8% of the county population has had it, and just less than .001% (1 in a 1000) of the total population has died from it (351 deaths of 377,000). So, generalizing, about 30,000 cases, just over 1.2% mortality rate for those who have had it.  And current hospital rates are showing 15-20% are vaxxed, 80-85% are not. Just the facts. 

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Paul_H on November 15, 2021, 12:50:45 PM
Perception reminds me of the frog in the pot of water and set on the fire. "ah,the water's fine "
I figure it hasn't gotten bad enough yet, because you're voting for the same people to be in charge. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Paul_H

Tell me how I voted because what you're implying is off the mark in fact not even close. I wrote an email to my MP telling him why I wouldn't vote for him. Vote split be danged

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Paul_H on November 15, 2021, 03:06:42 PM
Tell me how I voted because what you're implying is off the mark in fact not even close
Figure of speech. Since I see the same ones running things: we, you, them, us, me all together keep voting for the wrong people when the ballots are tallied up.  ;)

Paul_H

True and why it's more important than ever to get involved in ones local community and even in our own neighbourhoods.

Gary_C

I don't want to get into trouble here as I again feel this topic has gone astray again. But what I will say is opposition to the mandate should not be the best argument against getting vaccinated.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Southside

You are correct Gary, it is a medical choice made by the individual, which ironically is what created the opposition to the mandate. 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Ianab

I understand that argument, but if the virus is spreading out of control, people are going to react to that, with or without a mandate. 

Right now our town / province isn't under any increased alert level. Everything is open (although some number restrictions etc). But town is pretty dead. Many people aren't going out as there is still some uncertainty about the local cases. It's just natural caution. If no more cases appear over the week, then everyone will relax and go back to normal. 

The main economic disruption here in NZ has been to tourism. But that was going to stop no matter what you called the disease outbreak. Insurance Companies would have called it a "known risk" and not covered it under your travel insurance. Need 2 weeks ICU care in a foreign country? You are on your own with that. Would you have planned a vacation to Italy in the early stages of the outbreak? Of course not. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ianab

Quote from: Southside on November 15, 2021, 07:37:13 AMAre you suggesting that it would be better to leave ones family member in harms way because a politician told you so? 

Thing is she actually DID put her family in real harms way by ignoring health advice. 

She caught Covid, her 3 kids caught Covid, and her husband needed hospital care for it. 

Now I'm glad he's now out of hospital, and hope they all recover, and sure as heck hope they haven't passed it on to others in our community that are more at risk. 

Now if she had been vaccinated, and gone to Auckland to look after her Sister, still caught Covid there, been tested and isolated at home there, I would have lots more sympathy. Instead they ignore pretty much EVERY measure to limit the virus spread. Yeah, that will show the "man". 

There is "freedom" and there is stupidity. 

Southside

Ian, everyone is going to catch Covid, nothing anyone can do to prevent that.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

Cody a.k.a WranglerStar recently got COVID and is just coming around enough to let everyone know. Anyone who follows his channel already knows. But here's his experience in the first part of the video.  There's other stuff that snowballed and he talked about later in the video, but the first part is his COVID experience.

The End... - YouTube

BradMarks

Not to argue Southside, as I am with you, Doc Henderson also, but I really don't think everyone will get Covid as you say. As I stated a little earlier (and the death count here is actually 321, not 351 as I erred) we've had 8% of the county population afflicted(diagnosed) so far in a year and a half of dealing with this. How that can morph to 100% would be quite the jump from 8%. 

Southside

We have no natural immunity to the virus and the jabs don't prevent infection. Those numbers don't represent every person as many will never be tested, and false positives/negatives/asymptomatic cases skew the statistics. 

Getting it, with or without the jab, dosen't mean one will seek treatment, so it never gets recorded.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Ianab

Quote from: Southside on November 15, 2021, 05:05:52 PM
Ian, everyone is going to catch Covid, nothing anyone can do to prevent that.  
Everyone is going to be exposed to Covid at some point. The vaccine isn't 100% effective, but it improves your odds of not being infected. Better vaccines are in the pipeline targeted more at the Delta variant. 
Better treatments are also being released that seem to work pretty well at keeping victims out of hospital (and presumably with less long term effects).
So there is certainly a plus side to delaying infections. It might be inevitable, but if it's After a vaccine booster and I can get a pack of Molin-whatsamacallit, then odds are better. 

SwampDonkey

Progress on herd immunity thus far and mention of unvaccinated lock downs underway in Austria.

Disappointments - YouTube

kantuckid

Quote from: Hilltop366 on November 15, 2021, 12:09:41 PM
A freedom comment got me to wondering if there is a freedom rating for countries so I googled it, results that were found from Freedom index by country 2021.

The ten countries with the highest human freedom indexes (the freest countries in the world) are:

IMO, to a certain extent, the freedom index is sort of like those blurbs that tell me where to live, go on vacation, shop, not shop, best brands, best ice cream, etc., etc., etc...
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!