iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kantuckid

Quote from: doc henderson on November 17, 2021, 11:19:11 AM
I think the big thing for me, is the "way out" stuff and of course that is defined in the eyes of the beholder.  Much of this is opinion in that not enough time has gone bye and studies been done due to the recent nature.  Back with the old vaccines some kids had neurologic impairment, and or new onset of seizures.  some parents blamed the shot.  a portion of revenue from each vaccine goes into a fund to pay for neurologically "injured" kids.  I use quotations because the incidence of new seizures or impairment, is the same as the general population in the unvaccinated, or not recently vaccinated population.  You could infer that there is a cause and effect, since the government pays money for the care of these individuals. it was in an effort to keep the vaccines going, even though it is not believed to be related.  My grandfather had polio and limped his whole life.  hard to find blue collar work in the 30s and 40s if you cannot walk across an uneven plowed field..  i guess it was better to be alive.  many died of polio.  I would not be here I guess.
Yet another e.g. of lawyers affecting the medical field and our collective COL overall via vaccines. Interesting vaccine history. The diphtheria vaccine article in Smithsonian mag. I mentioned awhile back is likewise instructive toward todays vaccine controversies.
Polio affected some kids in my generation, the first to get the Salk vaccine, (I remember eating a sugar cube of the stuff) one a classmate of mine. She advanced out of her iron lung in Jr High or HS and was able to finish HS & Washburn University then a lifelong municipal librarian, and actually on her feet all day, albeit in braces. People have so much more to choose from these days career wise.
One of my great, great grandfathers chopped off a toe and bled to death-after he'd made a few kids! timing is/was everything for me too :D

One of my SIL's is a masters level nutritionist who often says that people who eat a balanced diet don't usually need or benefit from supplemental vitamins.

I had an old school chiropractor who was a vit D advocate. Gave me piles of stuff to read on the subject, much came from Germany as I recall, not that I bought in. And there was the famous vit C advocate, a chemist named Linus Pauling who won the Nobel prize. Vit D discussion makes me wonder how all these "other milks" figure into the health discussion? I guess they have vit D added? We don't buy them, my vegan son does though.  
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

SwampDonkey

Take solace in fact Vitamin D toxicity is very difficult unless say, the supplement maker forgets to dilute it for the pills. A case in which Dr Holick was directly involved with because someone tried to sue him and in fact found the pills the guy took were extremely concentrated and not 1000 IU as per label, closer to 1M. Now that'll do it. :D Having good Vit D levels is beneficial to me in many ways. :)

I agree Vit C was a scam and proven so with evidence. Not even close to being the same with Vit D, a heck of a lot more studies proving benefits around the world. People bought into the black box trick and put what's her face on the cover of Forbes, nobody did any study to confirm and denied access to do so. Complete loonies. The kind of stuff James Randi warned about for 50 years. :D A strong advocate of science and the scientific method.

Let's be clear here. I'm not talking immunity against COVID-19, I'm talking positive affects to the immune system and reduced infections to diseases studied. Dr Holick's video has nothing to do with COVID-19. Because COVID is the subject of this thread it becomes a jumping off point to say there is no cause effect against it. Well yeah, it's not in the studies presented..........yet, but certainly some hope. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Quote from: kantuckid on November 18, 2021, 08:04:19 AMVit D discussion makes me wonder how all these "other milks" figure into the health discussion? I guess they have vit D added? We don't buy them, my vegan son does though.  
It would say on the carton if it's in Almond milk for instance. You may not need to supplement down your way. Right around the Georgia area, below that latitude, get some sun and you are well looked after between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm is the window. Up here from October to end of March we get none from sun exposure, zip.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

wisconsitom

I take D year-round.  I dunno, not much science in it, but yes I do do dat.

Outside most of the time too, my skin darkens a LOT.  Maybe sunrays don't get thru so good.  I've heard that's a thing.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

Hilltop366

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 18, 2021, 09:40:55 AMUp here from October to end of March we get none from sun exposure, zip

I have heard that if your shadow is longer than you you are not getting any Vitamin D from it.

SwampDonkey

Me too, Dr's try to make stuff simple to follow for the layman. ;) Dr. Holick is certainly one who has used them words.

Ianab

It's totally accepted that a deficiency of various vitamins can cause diseases (rickets , scurvy etc), and can weaken your general immune system, making you more vulnerable to other random infections. Vitamin D deficiency causes bone disorders (rickets / brittle bones) so it's plausible that would relate to arthritis. Wont cure the damage, but low levels could make the condition worse. 

So it completely plausible that a deficiency could make you more vulnerable to Covid. Not proven, but quite likely. It's hard to really study though, even of you gave everyone a vitamin supplement, and noticed an overall better result against Covid, is that because the vitamin helped everyone? Or did it only help the folks with low levels, and so they bought the overall average up? It's also possible that low levels are symptom of some other condition, and that's the real risk factor. You could boost all the low level folks, and find no improvement. So like the Doc says, it would need a large study, with measuring levels and noting results to actually prove this.

What isn't so likely is that larger doses will help (in otherwise healthy people). Your body generally regulates most of those levels, and dumps the excess. Fat soluble can be stored and become more of a problem, but only if you are taking silly amounts.  

I would say, if you have a known low level (of any vitamin), then take some measures to boost that. (Diet, supplement, sunshine etc ) 
If you don't know, then taking a sensible amount of supplement won't harm you. You might be peeing most of it out next day, but it won't be harming you, and might be helping.  
If you know your levels are good, then you are probably just peeing the supplement away

QuoteI have heard that if your shadow is longer than you you are not getting any Vitamin D from it.
Likely correct for a number of reasons. Sunlight has to pass through more air to reach you, so more UV gets filtered out. It's colder, so you are outside less, and wrapped up when you are. And there is simply less daylight in a day. Add all those up and lower Vit D levels in winter is fairly common. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Ianab on November 18, 2021, 03:51:39 PM
So it completely plausible that a deficiency could make you more vulnerable to Covid. Not proven, but quite likely. It's hard to really study though, even of you gave everyone a vitamin supplement, and noticed an overall better result against Covid, is that because the vitamin helped everyone?
Not just any vitamins, but those with known pathways, like receptors in cells or organs that trigger certain mechanisms, affect genes a certain way, what ever else is known. Taking a supplement isn't a cure, but studies can be conducted to see if it increases better outcomes or reduces symptoms. Like are things improved by 30% in the population? 50%? or very little benefit at all versus a good diet. There would likely be 3 groups in a proper test, not just those with 1) deficiency, 2) none deficient, but also 3) unknown control where no test for level of vitamin in the blood (or where ever) is done so neither the patients or doctors know, during the test. I'm sure there are many more protocols as I'm not a statistician that designs these tests. But I'm not totally ignorant about statistics either, having studied biostatistics. :D

Old saw fixer

I do the Vitamin D supplement because too much sun years ago made susceptible to skin cancer.  I see the derma doc every 6 months and something always gets frozen or cut off. 
     I used to supplement B12 but that ended in 1998. 
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Stephen1

I have done the Vitamin D for quite a few years now. I read a few studies  which showed a relationship between cancer and Lack of Vitamin D. That was enough for me. I take 2,000 units a day year round, and always sit in the sun for 20 mins a day with no shirt on during the summer . The study showed, in the northern hemisphere, that we only receive  enough ultra violet from the sun from June 21 to Sept 21. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Mooseherder

Was there any covid vaccine data in the news today?

Paul_H

I saw this today

FDA asks for 55 years to release data on Pfizer's COVID vaccine - Israel National News

QuoteThe FDA promised "full transparency" due to "tremendous public interest" in a drug that it approved after studying the data for just 108 days.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) asked a federal judge on Nov. 15 to give it until the year 2076 to fully release the documents in its possession tied to the approval of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.The FDA's request was made in a filing as part of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit by a medical transparency group. The government told the court it has 329,000 pages of documents responsive to the FOIA request and proposed releasing 500 pages per month to allow for redactions of exempt material. At that rate, the FDA would fully release the records in question in just under 55 years.

Wait what? FDA wants 55 years to process FOIA request over vaccine data | Reuters

(Reuters) - Freedom of Information Act requests are rarely speedy, but when a group of scientists asked the federal government to share the data it relied upon in licensing Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine, the response went beyond typical bureaucratic foot-dragging.

I don't think I can wait that long
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Southside

Why since you asked there is that blurb about the lawsuit in US District Court, Northern District of Texas, where Public Health and Medical Professionals for Transparency are suing the FDA to release the information they used to approve the Pfizer jab, because the FDA has refused FOIA requests, and not provided a single sentence from the 329,000 pages they reviewed in 18 months to approve the jab.  

Today the FDA requested that they be given until 2076, yes the year Two Thousand and Seventy Six, 55 years, to release all of the information.  This information would be the information that Pfizer provided to the FDA to obtain approval for their version of the jab that is not available in the United States, yet is being used as a means to mandate employees of the Federal Government submit to the jab.  At present the mandate that all employers with more than 99 employees submit to the jab is dead in court, but Federal employees and federal contractors are requited to submit to the jab based on the data that the FDA used to approve a jab that is not available in the US and they formally requsted 55 years to release the data used to support their decision.   

Not stating any conclusions or opinions, just the facts.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

newoodguy78

Just want to make sure my facts are straight, that is the same company with the largest criminal fine in US history? Correct?

Mooseherder

And I read where Biden bought 10 million courses of Pfizer pills for 5.3 billion.
530 dollars per treatment Course.  I hope it's not rebranded horse medicine.  Just sayin.

Southside

That would be their new pill that acts as a Protease inhibitor.  Ivermectin is also a Protease inhibitor.   
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Mooseherder

I was at the Dermatologist today.  There was a poster on the wall for Treating Maskne.
It's a pretty big problem for some people.   

How to Treat "Maskne" (Mask Acne) | U.S. Dermatology Partners | Blog

Walnut Beast

Fact is how many boosters and shots are you going to get! 12345 or more. 

HemlockKing

A1

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Southside on November 18, 2021, 10:47:52 PM
Ivermectin is also a Protease inhibitor.  
Yeah the opposition tought it as 'horse medicine'. Even though 3.6 million doses have been given to humans over 25 years or so. I'm not sure the exact figure there. But Dr. Campbell shares the figures in his videos. Like some of us, he rolls his eyes over the 'horse medicine' label. ::) ::) Media's mental state of mind is probably fixed on some notion that it is the same dosage and cocktail with other things used in a horse. I blame that on the media making 'wow news'. I have my doubts they heard this mentioned in such a way to make it such a deal. But I can see a news caster with all the facial and body language to make high drama from nothing.  ::)
Ivermection works on 6 different targets as a Protease inhibitor, less chance the virus can mutate against it. The Pfizer one only acts on a single target. Plus no peer review has ever been released on it to validate it. There was only a company press release. Doesn't cut the mustard. ;) Like anytime in the past, if you open the door, the oversight is lost and the profits pour in.

HemlockKing

A1

Chuck White

Quote from: Walnut Beast on November 19, 2021, 04:38:25 AM
Fact is how many boosters and shots are you going to get! 12345 or more. 
I'm thinking that we (the world) could end up having to take a booster shot every year, like the FLU and PNEUMONIA!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Paul_H

Neither are mandatory where the other is looking like thrice annually.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Mooseherder

I think that is basically what Fauci and the governor of Connecticut said yesterday.

SwampDonkey

Well, when you look at Europe right now, herd immunity isn't happening and even the CDC recently made a statement to that effect. Germany (Bavaria region) has even sent patients to Italy due to proximity of free beds closer by. ::)

Thank You Sponsors!