iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kantuckid

Quote from: Hilltop366 on November 18, 2021, 01:08:35 PM
Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 18, 2021, 09:40:55 AMUp here from October to end of March we get none from sun exposure, zip

I have heard that if your shadow is longer than you you are not getting any Vitamin D from it.
"My" shadow's pretty short :D but maybe my neck & belly girth makes up as a suncatcher? Per my annual dermatologist visits, and in spite of my darker complexion I'm getting too much sun? I typically get lots of "spots" burned off my face and other upper body areas.  Not real funny either given cancer realities like my wife's own sun related biopsies.
 Too much of a good thing huh?
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Mooseherder

My doctor's name is Dr. Spock, yup really.  Great doc.   He did a Mohs procedure on the top of my left ear a couple years ago.  He said they see a lot of this.  His theory is when we're driving  exposure to that part of your ear is too much. I've been going every 6 months since then.

SwampDonkey

Moderation, always sunscreen on face. It's more susceptible, compared to arms, legs.

Nothing funny about cancer in any form. My oldest cousin just had a mastectomy. Grandmother did to, around same age back in the 70's. We lost a cousin, younger brother of hers, in the 70's. Brain cancer, around 14 years old.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doctorb

Swamp-

The women in that genetic line may need to be tested for the BRCA genes.  These are recognizable genes associated with breast cancer.  Early detection and even prophylactic mastectomy can be life saving.  Once you have successive generations diagnosed with breast cancer, aggressive screening is probably a good idea.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

SwampDonkey

My cousin is a retired nurse, 70 years old I think. I'm guessing, she's on top of it though.

Thanks for sharing a word, Doc. smiley_thumbsup

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Canada to lift PCR test requirement for short trips to USA and returning within 72 hrs. Nothing official yet, not updated on the travel site.

Mooseherder

Quote from: Mooseherder on October 02, 2021, 04:21:33 PM
Higher premium from the China virus. Gave everyone rabies from our own funding.
Our Silver Plan Health Insurance increased from 1765.00 per month to 1965.00 per month.  Thank you mr. Obamacare.

Don P

I'm not sure where you were before but prior to that our premium exceeded our income, we were insuring out of savings. When it kicked in we decided we had one more year of funds for that nonsense. I think there are probably better ways than either but if we keep folks distracted with 2 choices they don't seem to look further.

We're setting records again. We're running around 40% vaxxed and the highest infection rates in the state. I think state average is around 75% vaxxed.

SwampDonkey

I pay that much Canadian per year for Engineers group insurance. Includes loss of wages. I don't put on Dental, the premium for that for a year is more than I've ever paid in 30 years. No clue why that is high, but I did notice cleaning has doubled in 20 years. I can't imagine giving anyone a days pay to clean teeth for 20 minutes. Quite a racket. :D

Lostinmn

I have a question in the hopes of better understanding.  Up here in Minnesota we have a pretty good surge going. Minnesota: Highest Infection Rates Of COVID-19, Hospitalizations Pass 1,400 Amid Surge ? WCCO | CBS Minnesota

I have chosen to get vaccinated along with those in my immediate family, wife and two kids.  However, my mother, who is 72 with multiple comorbidities including being over weight, diabetic along with heart problems steadfastly refuses to get vaccinated. She says she doesn't trust medical system and feels its is political.  She and one of my bothers both say they won't take it. While I have great respect for the right of people to believe what they want or choose to do, I also don't want to have to see my mother die sooner that otherwise likely or explain to her grandchildren it was her choice and why she isn't there for them anymore if the worst was to happen.

What I can't grasp is in the face of information like: New data shows efficacy of COVID-19 vaccine in Minnesota | kare11.com

How she or others like her decide getting vaccinated is a greater risk to their health?

While I agree no vaccine is risk free, and this particular one has been done quickly with little time for long term study due to necessity.  So while long term studies obviously can't be done, we do have data from a immensely large number of people in the billions who have been vaccinated showing it is relatively safe overall.  

When weighing the relative risk from getting vaccinated to the relative risk of getting covid with out being vaccinated first (assuming no prior exposure), how in the world does one come down on the side of not taking the vaccine?

I do not wish to chastise anyone that has made that decision, but rather to understand the rational as those around me who have made the choice don't seem to be able to explain how they came to the that point of view without reverting vague statements such as its political, or I don't trust it, it was rushed and etc.  All points when pressed as to what data or information they used and what the comparative process was used to make the decision is studiously avoided or sidelined with that's just how I feel or etc.

SwampDonkey

Many who didn't, and were seriously infected, were asked before they couldn't talk any more. From what I saw, a large proportion wished they had. BUT these were mostly not antivaxxers that I saw in interviews from their beds, they had only put it off for various reasons. Now running that type of interview for TV, they could just as easily not showed any antivaxxers, just edit them out. But at least we know there are a lot of people who just didn't get around to it. TV is constantly feeding distractions, where one thing hasn't got a darn thing to do with another. All it has to be is a hint of some negative catch phrases, and all the sudden no way am I getting a vaccine. The data is irrelevant, no good, not believable. As Stanton Friedman would say in one of his 4 debunker criteria. "Don't give me the facts, my mind is already made up". :D

kantuckid

Quote from: Don P on November 21, 2021, 09:11:16 AM
I'm not sure where you were before but prior to that our premium exceeded our income, we were insuring out of savings. When it kicked in we decided we had one more year of funds for that nonsense. I think there are probably better ways than either but if we keep folks distracted with 2 choices they don't seem to look further.

We're setting records again. We're running around 40% vaxxed and the highest infection rates in the state. I think state average is around 75% vaxxed.
I just looked up your state of VA for you on the NYTime's chart-it's 64% fully & 74% had one shot. WV is interesting as they were an early leader nationwide but now statewide they are way low @ 41% fully & 54% one shot. My state of KY is 52% one shot & 59% both. My rural county is much lower than our few urban KY areas at like 46%. 
I scheduled my wife and I's Moderna booster shots for after Thanksgiving the Tuesday following so if we get an overt reaction it won't mess up the head cook. 
I feel for you anyone self-employed and health ins. cost (or those injured on the job) but my own/our reality is I/we chose a low paying occupation with decent benefits that are yielding a sort of guaranteed mediocrity of lifestyle? 
Back when I worked at real jobs insurance was free everywhere except the grocery store but as most people when young, I never used any of it, as in zero, nada. Now what with a paid for Medicare Supplemental (other than small SS donation of ~$100 mo) with paid for Rx plan my COL is really low unless we blow retail moolah which goes to our GK's. My wife's splurge is a new fridge & range- the old ones were built/bought in 1996 when our youngest got out of HS.  

kantuckid

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 21, 2021, 09:35:47 AM
I pay that much Canadian per year for Engineers group insurance. Includes loss of wages. I don't put on Dental, the premium for that for a year is more than I've ever paid in 30 years. No clue why that is high, but I did notice cleaning has doubled in 20 years. I can't imagine giving anyone a days pay to clean teeth for 20 minutes. Quite a racket. :D
The U of KY dental College where I go "suggests" cleaning every 6 months. I told them annual is my plan. They decided the students don't do most cleanings now as they once did, the few hygenist do them I guess to make them earn their keep. Cost half a street dentist job for a cleaning.

Southside

The process by which these jabs work is a significant deviation from historical vaccine methods. There is zero long term information available about the impact, side effects and bad medical combinations which should be avoided. Transparency is zero. The FDA and CDC have lost their credibility with their significant position shifting, acting as an expert then retuning with "we didn't know" as an excuse.

The FDA requesting 55 years to release the Pfizer provided data which was used to approve their jab, which is not available to anyone, is enough to make a rational person question why the secrecy. 

Complete denial of reactions and deaths caused by the jab, of which I have personally observed. 

Just a few reasons. Having said that it's an individual, medical, choice as to if one gets the jab or not. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Southside on November 21, 2021, 10:23:41 AM
The process by which these jabs work is a significant deviation from historical vaccine methods. There is zero long term information available about the impact, side effects and bad medical combinations which should be avoided.
I guarantee ya it was no different with the polio vaccine, no long term study, no history, or bad med info. But people were mighty darn glad to protect their 12 kids from possible infantile paralysis when little Jimmy's best friend and friend's 3 other brother's had caught it before hand. ;) I know 6 people who suffered all their lives from polio. I know of a few that died of TB that didn't need to, that's been treatable for 50 years.

Southside

The Polio vaccine followed the same method a s previous, proven, vaccines. It was not an entire new technology. 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

There was a starting point somewhere, maybe smallpox is a better example since it was the first vaccine. There really is no valid argument. There is always progress, changing science, new data emerges over time. Can't snap your fingers and all the sudden all the knowledge appears. ;)

Anyone that says they don't believe there are possible complications and everything is totally safe, is no scientist. They are not worth anyone's trust. I have not heard that personally except possibly some news anchor who has pour choice of words. What the heck do they know with a journalism diploma?

Southside

Exactly. The science isn't settled.
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

It's been studied for 30 years. The science isn't new at all behind it, it's never settled.

kantuckid

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 21, 2021, 10:36:15 AM
Quote from: Southside on November 21, 2021, 10:23:41 AM
The process by which these jabs work is a significant deviation from historical vaccine methods. There is zero long term information available about the impact, side effects and bad medical combinations which should be avoided.
I guarantee ya it was no different with the polio vaccine, no long term study, no history, or bad med info. But people were mighty darn glad to protect their 12 kids from possible infantile paralysis when little Jimmy's best friend and friend's 3 other brother's had caught it before hand. ;) I know 6 people who suffered all their lives from polio. I know of a few that died of TB that didn't need to, that's been treatable for 50 years.
As an aside to the above- during the 4.5 years that I was superintendent of a KY juvenile treatment program from ~ 1986-1990, we had two TB positive kids among our 14-16 age range we served. As we had 3 kids and my wife in our home I got tested as a precaution. There are specially trained doctors who read your xrays and I was negative as were all those staff who opted for testing. I would suspect that among homeless and vagrant populations of our down and out populations it's still found in the USA. Juvy kids often come from what I'll call either irrelevant or abusive homes. Kids not having vaccinations was really common but it got lots worse with some. Most often a social worker had already begun a health assessment of kids we received from the justice route. Regardless I sent all of mine to a local doc for a full look including dental visit. Dental was tough as dentists, especially orthodontists wouldn't do anything that required a finish point beyond the brief "treatment" (ours were not locked in) period of ~ 6 months per "visit", such as oft needed braces.
For all of you non-vaxxers I am happy to say we are both here to discuss this subject. 

Politics permeates many people's overall mentality too much for whats to me a healthy lifestyle. I try to sort the "people who know stuff", from those who are there from a vote for medical decisions. I like WebMD, MayoClinic, real doctors, etc., lots better than politicians for medical info.

By this I'm not pointing fingers within this forum section, but I am thinking of people I know who spend the days cruising the web for snarky, somewhat funny political one-sided stuff, then cross posting to FB.  Since we have a bunch of estate stuff for sale on FB I began to go on there. I'm now friends with family for baby pics, so on but mostly I like the Woodmizer & Branson tractor groups. But yep, I get the other stuff along with the baby pics-yuk.   Wife & I watch certain TV media while we eat supper many nites but also know how to toss it aside mostly as we actually have a life beside web crap. 

SwampDonkey

I understand, fully. I do have a Facebook account as well. I'm on about 6 groups, and they are about a specific topic. And that is all we talk about. In fact the subjects in each have nothing to do with current events except a study course being offered, a death of contributing soul who has published literature on the subject or taught it, or whatever is relevant to the topic. There is no reason to bring other 'stuff' into the conversations, it has no relevance. ;D

SwampDonkey

Had a cousin in New Hampshire who was in a home because of dementia and other issues who died with COVID today. He was 86 with failing heath to begin with. Be dad's first cousin. He has a sister here in New Brunswick who is a stroke survivor. Mom was just on the phone with her. A cousin of her's and dad's (a niece to grandmother) is in a nursing home here, she's 96 and is a stroke survivor of 16 years or so now. Spry as a chicken in a wheel chair. I call her hot wheels every time I see her. :D :D Mother will be calling her tonight after the supper hour. Before long I'll be one of them old timers. :D Someone asked me how long I expect to live, after talking about thinning my woods over a few years. 'Oh, 90 something I'm sure, I replied.' :D :D

HemlockKing

96 is quite the feat, imagine turning 66 and having another 30 years of life left
A1

SwampDonkey

Quote from: HemlockKing on November 21, 2021, 04:25:56 PM
96 is quite the feat, imagine turning 66 and having another 30 years of life left
I will be reminded how nice the first 30 were, I'm sure, when ever I go to move. :D :D

Stephen1

I think each has it's own risk factor of where we live . That helps me decide if I need a vaccine. Right now I see the risk factor of getting the MRNA vaccine and its side effects are a higher risk factor than me getting C19.  If I lived and worked in a higher risk area, my thoughts might be get the Vaccine. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!