iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

I talk to him every day. And I'm at peace with my self.
:christmas:
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

doc henderson

I did not mean to do caps but was too lazy to change it.  I do not like the mandates and consider that to be political event.  I do think the vaccine helps reduce severity and that does help hospitals.  I was on the phone for an hour trying to get 10 people setting in the ED, admitted to the hospital, as we had no staffed beds, and they were just setting in the ED waiting to be transferred or admitted.  they found one open bed, in Arkansas.  My Docs and APPs are getting tired of day after day doing the impossible.  That is my consideration, is weather we lose staff.  we have lost a few.  most are finding it the same no matter where they go.  some come back.  So, my concern is for our staff, community, and our patients.  Lots of PTSD, and otherwise bad habits and behaviors festering up in medical workers.  not healthy, and as I have said before, there is a point at which it all falls apart.  those are my concerns with those not vaxed.  We have been doing this for almost 2 years.  If everyone starts to quit, then all those who are sick will suffer, and they already are.  If an elderly person falls out of a nursing home bed and has to be flown 3 states away to get a bed to get her hip fixed (that we can do at our hospital) then that is sad. 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

mike_belben

Quote from: Peter Drouin on December 11, 2021, 07:19:40 AM
I talk to him every day. And I'm at peace with my self.
:christmas:
amen amen

and i agree doc, who takes care of the caretakers who cant manage the long term stress?  its not good.  we have to remember to keep our heads screwed on. 
Praise The Lord

Stephen1

I agree Doc. You made a comment, no quote here, over the years, I have seen deaths from the disease, but not from  vaccine's. 
I am going to see my son out west in Feburary, and will need to get a covid vaccine. I have always planned on getting a vaccine, and resisited as long as I could. I do not live in a high risk enviroment. Well I am heading into the hisk risk enviroment, airport, cities, in general I am heading to 'civilization'.
I am lookng at the JJ as it has been brought into Canada again. Am I correct to think it has less risk for side effects than the MRNA . I like the idea of old technology. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Lostinmn

Quote from: Stephen1 on December 11, 2021, 08:18:43 AM
I am lookng at the JJ as it has been brought into Canada again. Am I correct to think it has less risk for side effects than the MRNA . I like the idea of old technology.
@Stephen1 

This is a nice overview of current vaccines
https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid-19-vaccine-comparison

Jeff

Something to think about. I quit following this thread some time ago because it makes me sicker than covid.  Ya know why? At this moment in time, this forum will die with me If I get sick and die, and then, when the server farm doesn't get paid,  within a week or two this conversation and all the rest will all be gone and all of this palpable animosity flying back and forth within it between people on here I truly care very much about, will stop.

When I started this forum, I never had a clue it was susceptible to a human virus. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ed_K

Back in April an June Rita an I got the Pfiser jabs, neither one of us had any problems. Last Sat. I got the modurna jab full shot as I have no immunity, other than a small b&b and a hole from the second jab (I think it was from holding the needle at an angle) I've had no problems. 
Ed K

kantuckid

Quote from: Southside on December 10, 2021, 10:30:21 AM
There is a difference between having insurance, and having medical care.
That very fact is still in full effect as so many procedures were postponed back when medical services were shut down that they are yet to catch up. This is not limited to hospital beds either. I'm currently into my 2nd year with one molar in my lower jaw. The solution is not found in a hospital bed but rather a dental chair.
Too many e.g.'s to be worth mentioning plus many medical services lack staff to catch up anytime soon.
I quit this thread for a bit then back again, as I learn something here about covid AND human nature as well.

I still say this thread (sometimes :D) resembles a motorcycle helmet law thread?  ::)  

We both had jab #3 of Moderna last week, no issues but since then, what with more recent discussion toward virus variants- I'm wondering if that 50mg of vaccine might better have been another/3rd, 100mg dose? 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

mike_belben

My son is sick with confirmed covid.  Mandatory 14 day quarantine.  We have confirmed 2x now that my daughter who lives in the same room as my son, is allowed to return to school.  

So thats an interesting policy change.  We are going to keep her out at least a few days anyway but dont want to risk them keeping her back for absence.

This marks the 2nd time i have lived with, snuggled with and shared a cup with active covid without getting it. or getting sick from it anyway. I am unvaxxed.  

Its pretty well documented that the immune systems of dirty, poor nations is stronger than affluent clean ones because of a more developed immune response from more frequent exposure to icky things. My always dirty nature seems to fall in line with that.  Wife said shes seen me sick 3x in 12 years.  I think its been a few more than that but surely not many.

I am confidents masks, sanitizer and germophobia is only going to make people sicker.
Praise The Lord

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: mike_belben on December 12, 2021, 10:35:02 PMMy always dirty nature seems to fall in line with that
I think your healthy eating has a bit to do with it.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

mike_belben

Thats quite recent 

I was raised on mcdonalds pizza chinese taco bell and subway after my mother left.  The oven was where arc rods lived at all times unless i was preheating something to weld.

None us men got fat but we all have arthritis and really shot joints. 

Praise The Lord

thecfarm

I don't get sick. Wife has known me for more than 25 years. Once I had an ear infection that put me down for a day. Than when I had all that trouble about 1½ years ago. That's it, in 25 years. And it goes back more than that. 
With my health problems, if I don't get the shot, I am a dead man. Not much of a choice.  :(
No problem with either shot.
We went to a mall for the booster. Got there not as early as I wanted, but no long line. Might have been 6 people in front of us. As we waited, people started to come in. We just made it. 10 minutes would have put us 20 in front of us, 20 people behind us.
Go early, like when they first open up. The Army was there checking us in, while the hospital staff was doing the shots.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Quote from: mike_belben on December 12, 2021, 10:35:02 PM
My son is sick with confirmed covid.  Mandatory 14 day quarantine.  We have confirmed 2x now that my daughter who lives in the same room as my son, is allowed to return to school.  

So thats an interesting policy change.  We are going to keep her out at least a few days anyway but dont want to risk them keeping her back for absence.

This marks the 2nd time i have lived with, snuggled with and shared a cup with active covid without getting it. or getting sick from it anyway. I am unvaxxed.  

Its pretty well documented that the immune systems of dirty, poor nations is stronger than affluent clean ones because of a more developed immune response from more frequent exposure to icky things. My always dirty nature seems to fall in line with that.  Wife said shes seen me sick 3x in 12 years.  I think its been a few more than that but surely not many.

I am confidents masks, sanitizer and germophobia is only going to make people sicker.
I'm not convinced these surgical masks do anything at all, they are literally just chin cloths. I'm sure you've used a loose fitting dust mask before while grinding metal and still end up with snot balls full of metal dust, how would those loose fitting masks help with a even finer particle? They don't. I'm not sure why everyone is just going with it, the only thing I can see that they would help is if you sneezed or coughed in the open(which would be rude IMO even before covid)they might reroute the spit particles but they're still getting out of those loose masks. 
A1

HemlockKing

The conspiracy part of me thinks it’s some kind of social experiment, wonder how children will develope socially after years of not being able to properly read someone’s facial expressions, maybe dehumanizing?

I suppose it’s in their best interest we are more socially inept and therefor unable to connect with fellow man and become stronger. They want you to be docile, weak, friendless, no community, just a nice little drone that complys and pays there taxes(which are in a lot of cases theft).
A1

doc henderson

I agree the mask does not scrub the air and remove the viruses, and freely filter air.  It makes it hard to understand others due to muffling the sound and we cannot get clues from expressions and reading lips.  i do think it baffles high velocity droplets.  cough, sneeze, talking, taking deep breaths.  Imagine you have a stethoscope in your ears and need the other end of a 22-inch tube on someone's chest and need them to take a deep breath.  i can tell you when you ask someone to do that, they look right at you.  I have not had a confirmed case in myself either, but with some being asymptomatic, I cannot believe i have not had it.  I do know that with all the mitigation, we had hardly any influenza last winter.  Also @mike_belben remember it can have a 7-to-15-day incubation period.  A PA at work lives with her husband and sister-in-law, and she felt bad, but tested neg. for 2 weeks, then turned positive.  We should use PAPRs if we are concerned about a procedure with a covid patient.  Admittedly, most healthcare folks have gotten lax and just wear the surgical mask.  the other issue with masks is fogging up of safety/reader glasses.  I also do not think coughing in your elbow makes any sense but keeps the germs off your hands and touching objects and others.  all the mitigation is to not overwhelm the hospitals.  We are taking care of people in the waiting room and people needing admitted cannot be transferred anywhere, so sit in the ED for days as the hospital is full relative to staffed (nursing shortage) beds.  It could be much worse.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

HemlockKing

I lift my shirt up and sneeze into it(down the neck) lol . I'm sure it looks weird but I assure no spit particles get out !
There is also the thing where if I half to sneeze in a vehicle with others I roll the window down and sneeze out it
A1

Claybraker

I got my booster last Thursday, the 9th. Pretty well organized at the local Walgreens. One thing was different from the other jabs. Back then those of us waiting were given a briefing while we waited the 15 minute observation period. Part of that briefing covered the fact that the 3 vaccine makers were looking into whether or not a booster would be needed. This time I didn't have to wait 15 minutes. Jab, update my card, then i was free to go. No observation period needed this time.

The woman that cuts my hair is hard of hearing, and mostly reads lips. If you or someone you know wears a mask with glasses you may be entitled to condensation.

mike_belben

Talked with brother yesterday.  A friend of a friend got his 2nd shot had a heart attack following day and is in a coma.  Its someone he does physically know and is a healthy active deer hunter.  

Praise The Lord

doc henderson

so, @mike_belben I am sorry to hear about your friend.  that should and will be reported but it is still possible he would have had the heart attack anyway (prob. not what you are thinking), or if not got really sick from covid without the booster.  I know that may irritate some that I say that, but that is the scientific method to not make assumptions.  

New info from our task force meeting this am.  Our local infectious disease doc updated us on the new omicron.  This is considered a partial escape variant, meaning the antibodies from the vaccine, prev. infection or having had the disease do not protect you from it as well.  The mutations were mostly in the spike protein, and the antibodies to the spike protein do not fit as well now to cover it to prevent attachment that is needed for replication.  the Pfizer vaccine with two doses does prevent 37% of infections with the virus, and with the booster it is up to 75%.  so, there are breakthrough cases, but not everyone exposed gets it.  so, it does prevent infection, but not 100%

you can see if you have antibodies to the spike protein, in a lab or by giving blood.  still a huge need.  if you are not vaccinated, and want to know if you have had covid, go give blood.  you will get a free test, and the shortage is so great, they are giving gifts with a donation most places.  If you were vaccinated, you can request a anti nucleic acid capsule antibody, and this will tell you that you had an infection.  

He agrees, we hope Omicron is less deadly, and if more infectious, may burn this thing out.  we will see.  He pointed out how the stock market is hinged to each bit of good or bad news with this new variant.  Maybe we can start an insider trading conspiracy thread.   :)

so, mike if you give blood and have anti spike antibodies, it maybe you have had this already and that is why you are not sick or testing +.  I am sorry if you have given info to the contrary to this already.  my brain is full.

WDH

Quote from: HemlockKing on December 13, 2021, 06:17:16 AM
The conspiracy part of me thinks it's some kind of social experiment, wonder how children will develope socially after years of not being able to properly read someone's facial expressions, maybe dehumanizing?

I suppose it's in their best interest we are more socially inept and therefor unable to connect with fellow man and become stronger. They want you to be docile, weak, friendless, no community, just a nice little drone that complys and pays there taxes(which are in a lot of cases theft).
Mr. HemlockKing,
You have been admitted to the Restricted topics Board.  That is the place for conspiracy theories and social engineering theories.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LeeB

Doc, is the Red Cross doing antibody testing again for blood donations? They had stopped back in July. I just checked my donation record and no covid testing results posted since May.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

doc henderson

I am told they are, but I will double check.

Jeff

I watched this on youtube yesterday and it opened up my mind on how a varient can change vaccine effectiveness.
COVID-19 Animation: What Happens If You Get Coronavirus? - YouTube
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

very good and pictures/video is worth a thousand words.  sounds like it was made pre-vaccine.  the current ones direct antibodies against the spike but getting the disease can produce innumerable antigen/antibody reactions. (Redundancy and protection at different stages of the disease).

Our numbers here are approaching what we saw last November during our peak.  We ran out of ventilators, bi-paps and arvoes and had to send security to the state capitol (Topeka) to pick up 10 more vents while I was in Louisianna. 

kantuckid

Quote from: mike_belben on December 12, 2021, 10:35:02 PM

There has also been much said and written about my generation who rolled in dirt as kids being more resistant. I don't buy that 3rd world thing myself as those who live there have plenty to deal with healthwise, not like they get a free pass on no problemos.
 Anecdotal anivaxxer situations are just that, anecdotal. In my (quite often) medical visits I get asked the regimen of covid questions-"have you been, etc., etc.. and answer by saying, "yes, I've probably been around someone who has covid, but either they or me didn't know they had it". I'm not being my regular smart -ass self, just the whole logical truth? Covid is all around us, other than in my woods, shop, so on. 
TN is one state thats kept kids in school!  We have 5 there now and last year mostly they went everyday, all day, other than a few quarantine events. I like that approach to keep kids in school, generally speaking. Our local did better than some places, but worse than TN. Ours had one "makeup day" on Fridays which was in reality a let's stay home day and do whatever we want too besides school work. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!