iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New wood spinner

Started by Brad_bb, May 08, 2019, 08:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

I needed a new steering wheel spinner for my mill forklift.  Of course I wanted a wooden one as a sawyer, and my old one was wood.  I could only find one wooden spinner on the internet.  This one.  Looks to be beech, birch, or maple.  Who knows though, not sure where it was made.

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

WDH

Pretty sure that it is beech.  They use a lot of beech in Europe. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bruno of NH

In the glaciaed north we call that a Brodie knob :D
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Brad_bb

I was just surprised how hard it was to find a wood one.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Tom the Sawyer

Old family legend...  When my parents were dating (1948?) my dad had a '46 Plymouth and had a spinner on the steering wheel.  He was trying to teach my mom to drive (her dad wouldn't teach her)  She was only 5'1" so the seat was all the way up so that she could reach the pedals.  They went around a corner and when the car straightened out, the wheel spun back in the other direction... well, she had been wearing a button front blouse.  Gramps wasn't too accepting of that explanation for a torn blouse. :)
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Kindlinmaker

Necker knob in the hills I grew up in. Leaves the other arm free to put around your sweetie. Bench seats were great. 
If you think the boards are twisted, wait until you meet the sawyer!

Don P

Tom your only about 40 years too late for that dating advice to do me any good, I'd have sure had one :D. It only took her dad a decade or so to get over me running out of gas one night. I had to hoof it about 8 miles and chugged as much of a gallon of milk as I could to get an empty jug and then head back to the car... I'm not even sure she kissed me that night :D.
It sure didn't take a suicide knob to break a thumb back then. I drove a bus in HS, one of the girl drivers hooked the wheel rounding a corner one day, she didn't weigh 90 lbs, next thing she knew the wheel had thrown her down in the stairwell. The next year we had 2 new busses with power steering, the girls got those and we got a lecture about not hooking the wheel ???

Thank You Sponsors!