iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chain breaker and spinner

Started by Timbercruiser, March 31, 2015, 08:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbercruiser

Hi everyone im interested in buying my first chain braker rivet spinner combo. I see alot of options so im asking you guys about what one to buy . Thanks :)

sawguy21

Are you looking for a bench mount or portable? Granberg makes a break'n'mend that works like a vise grip, it is great for field use. Oregon has the 24548-SI breaker and 24549-SI spinner for bench mount shop use but they are not cheap. The popular but lighter duty 24548A breaker and 24549A spinner have been discontinued.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

terrifictimbersllc

I have the Woodland pro spinner/breaker from Bailey's.  Works great.  Have one of those break n mend too don't use it, hard to use compared to the bench ones.  Maybe if you need one in the truck but otherwise spend the $100 and get a real setup.   When you buy a breaker get extra replacement punches you'll break them.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!