iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

American Beauty

Started by Patty, June 23, 2006, 05:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

This is our latest addition to the flower bed off the back patio. Isn't she a beauty!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

sandmar

Truly lovely Patty! We got lots of llama beans to put on them if ya need some  ;D

Sandmar

sprucebunny

Great photo, Patty.  8) That's a beauty, alright !!

What other kinds of flowers do you have ?  smiley_daisy

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Onthesauk

Beautiful rose.  I've tried but never had much luck with them and too much work in our damp climate.  Following is a climatis I started from a cutting a few years ago, now growing off the end of the porch.

John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Patty

We started this bed about 2 years ago. In it are tea roses, daisy's, balloon flowers, yarrow, hibiscus, day lilies, salvia, lapines, sedum, alium, and several of which I can't remember the names of!  ::)   I just added these full size roses this spring. Roses are real hard to grow here (at least for me) and I have found that copius amounts of bug spray is the answer...along with horse manure, and tons of luck.

In the front of the house we have hostas, I especially love the blue shaded ones, and impatience (sp?), west side are the peony bushes, and on the east side are mums, more hibiscus, iris, and several unidentified (forgot them too  ::) ) flowers. Down by the vegetable garden we have a big patch of iris...dark purple, and burgandy are my favorites, and then a huge orange poppy plant.  :o  Up on the east patio we have marigolds, and petunias, and pansies.

I get alot of satisfaction from the various beds, and flowers. They bring smiles to my soul when I see them.  :)

I left my clematis at the old house when we moved. I am very tempted to go dig it up and bring it home where it belongs. They are a beautiful flower. One that has totally gotten out of control is the trumpet vine. Be careful where you plant this bad boy, as he will totally take over the house literally! I left him at the old house with no regrets. I had planned on planting him next to the power pole, good thing I didn't, the power company would be out daily trimming that DanG thing back.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Roxie

That Rose is breathtaking!  What a great picture!!   8)
Say when

sprucebunny

WOW, Patty, you're growing some fun stuff.

Watch out for that balloon flower. It will spread uncontrollably, also.

I've planted a few native looking perenials, mostly blue things, amoung the small evergreens along my driveway but about half were killed by 'cold and no snow'. I pretty much gave up on flowers and just enjoy the natural ones I find in the woods.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

thurlow

No, No, No, Patty;  don't tell me you planted a trumpet creeper on purpose.  :'(  When I'se a kid and would try to chop those things out of the cotton, my hoe was liable to rebound and cut my toe.  Never heard 'em called anything but "cow itch", 'til I was all growed up............

Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Bro. Noble

Here,  it's called Virginia creeper.  Our polebarn behind the milkbarn is covered with them.  Climbed up the 20' pole on one side,  came down the pole on the opposite side,  covered the gable in between and hangs down from the gable sso you have to part it to drive a tractor in.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Patty

Yes! That's it!  Watch out for that bad boy I say !

I got it from a vendor who sold plants in the booth next to mine at farmer's market. He traded it for a couple homemade pies. I thought I was getting the better end of the bargain. Boy was I wrong...pretty nieve I guess  ::)
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

DanG

Patty, you oughta bake him one of them "special" chocolate pies as a thank-you gift for them pretty flowers.  I think that one is in the Morning Glory family.  Coulda been worse, though.  Coulda be Wisteria or Kudzu. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Patty

These are a couple lilies that opened this morning. Just in time for me to enjoy them with my morning coffee.  smiley_daisy
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

bitternut

That sure is a beautiful rose Patty. You must be doing something special to get blooms like that. A friend of mine that I used to work with used to grow some like that and his secret was the dried sludge from the local sewage treatment plant.

As for trumpet vines I planted one of those on my chimney and soon realized I had made a mistake. I cut it down and took one of the sprouts that came up a couple years later and planted it next to the power pole in front of my house. In no time it was covering the pole and the neighbors were digging up sprouts out of my yard. I have half a dozen neighbors that have plants growing from my original vine. The power company tree trimming crew came by this spring and cut out a section near the base to kill the vine. Guess what...............ITS BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

UNCLEBUCK

Hey this thread is better than watching the victory garden , boy I loved to watch that show until they hired a new cast of gay people .  I got that purple jackmani climbing up the corn crib finally .  Best looking lillies on the farm is next to the diesel barrel where I spill alot .

Very nice pics Patty and everyone  pull_smiley
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Bro. Noble

Quote from: UNCLEBUCK on June 27, 2006, 01:44:48 AM
  I got that purple jackmani climbing up the corn crib finally . 

:o :o :oWhen I first read that,  I thought maybe you had shot one of them funny guys :D :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

UNCLEBUCK

:D  yeah sometimes my words dont come out quite right Noble  :D   

Patty

My flowers are giving me their last brilliant show before snow flies.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

8) 8) 8) Beautiful flowers  8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sawguy21

Patty, they are drop dead beautiful 8) 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

UNCLEBUCK

Good picture Patty !  You guys got any hummingbirds down there still ? They left here on Labor day and I had to pull their bottle down to get the last one to follow .

Patty

We haven't seen the little guys for a couple days Buck. I guess maybe they headed south this week since the nights have gotten cooler.  My pretty red flowers are looking kind of sad, too, so I guess the frost has gotten to them also.

Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

woodbowl

About that trumpet/cow itch vine, I remember on the news a few years ago that some local boys did some experimenting by boiling the flowers, thinking they would get a new high. They got high alright, they wound up in the hospital and almost died.

I remember my mother telling me that the flowers were poisonous and not to touch them. I didn't know why at the time. Mama knows best! She also told me not to play in the fire or you will wet the bed.  ???
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Burlkraft

Nice flowers Patty............... ;) ;)

Are you a professional ??? ??? ???

If it wasn't fer Jill there would be just dead plants here ::) ::) ::)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

hiya

Patty,
I saved a pic of that rose to my computer, than made a card for my wife. On the front it said" a beautiful Rose", with a pic of the rose. On the inside it said "for a beautiful woman." She liked that 8) 8). Told her it came from your place.
Richard
RichardinMd.

Thank You Sponsors!