iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Marriage counseling - advice for the wives

Started by WV Sawmiller, March 03, 2020, 07:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

This is intended for the wives on the forum who are looking for a long and happy married life. ;D Feel free to add on to my list any other suggestions in the same vein these are added.

First to lay some background this advice is for those times when your husband has done something really dumb and damaged or destroyed something else and you saw him do it. (If you didn't witness the actual event this is probably a moot point anyway :D.) He probably already knows he was wrong and is probably duly embarrassed and possibly in some pain so he probably does not need or appreciate being reminded of any of his shortcomings.

Appropriate questions to ask - there are only 2. 
1. Are you okay (I.e. Do you need first aid or medical treatment)? 

2. Is there anything I can do to help fix or repair the damage?

Questions you do not need to ask

1. Didn't I tell you you were going to break that? (Yes, and I trust your advice so much I wanted the whole world to see you were right.)

2. Do you know how long this is going to take to fix? (No, but I am sure I am fixing to find out and I am sure it will be a long time.)

3. Do you know how much this is going to cost to repair or replace? (No but I am sure it is a lot more than either of us are expecting or can afford.)

4. Are you going to listen to me from now on? (No, not while I'm on a roll like this.)

5. Aren't you ashamed of yourself? (Why, nobody but you and I witnessed it and anybody who knows me very well would have expected it?)

Feel free to add on other related observations and recommendations here. :D :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jeepcj779

WV Sawmiller

My most recent issue was knocking down a rock pile/locust dam at the bridge over the creek in front of our house. Of course I waited till Becky was taking a bag of trash to the barrel by the road so she was 50' away when I did it but I digress... :D :D :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Nebraska

Oh, I so feel your pain. When it's witnessed it is so much worse.

Southside

I don't know about that - at least the pain happens all at once.  Seems much worse when you have to fess up and begin with "Need to tell you about something....." :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

jeepcj779

I've got one:

Make sure to let us know when we have done something really smart or something you are impressed with, not just when we have done something stupid.

WV Sawmiller

I take it you have never been married. :D :D :D
Howard Green

doc henderson

If a man speaks in the forest, and no woman is around to hear it, is he still wrong! :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

jeepcj779

WV,
Twice! I guess I should have known better after the first one. Just wishful thinking.

WV Sawmiller

Keep making suggestions like the last one and you'll be working on #3 before you know it. :D :D
Howard Green

jeepcj779

I won't get a #3 if #2 does not work out. I'm dumb, but not that dumb.

47sawdust

We have the perfect marriage.I always get in the last word.
"Yes,dear".
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

stumpy

My wife wanted a black car, I wanted a white car so we compromised ...... We got a black car
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

WV Sawmiller

Kind of like the old saying "I'm the man of this house and I wear the pants in this family (when my wife lets me)."
Howard Green

GAB

Quote from: jeepcj779 on March 04, 2020, 02:20:59 AM
I won't get a #3 if #2 does not work out. I'm dumb, but not that dumb.
Instead of "I'm dumb, but not that dumb" you should have written: I'm a slow learner, but not that slow.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Skip

I run my house ! ( run the sweeper, washing machine, dishwasher ) .

jeepcj779

SawyerTed

popcorn_smiley  As sure as I comment, that dang Murphy will show up and ruin my day.  I'll just stay over here out of the way.  I don't need the Admiral seeing any more stupid Ted tricks!

I'm the Captain of this vessel ...... she is the Admiral!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Southside

I can't find the clip but back when he was the Governator Arnold was doing an interview and talking about Maria having a political poster in his house that he disagreed with and how he hollered that he was "the Governor and the man of the house", etc and this was not going to be hanging in his house. It was a late night show and the shocked host asked him what Maria said in response and Arnold just said "Oh - she was not home at the time" to an audience roar of laughter.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

scsmith42

"I told you that you were going to get stuck..."

And the reason that I know this is explained here.  Response #25

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=16250.msg290086#msg290086
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

SawyerTed

I can't make any excuses because she knows what she's doing!  Best saw guy on a job that I've ever had!

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Don P

Michelle and I have worked together quite a bit. On one job I had blown the bid, we were in about the second week of "building for the fun of it". I was up in the porch rafters calling out strings of lengths for angled gable end studs. Standing on the porch carry beam, bent over double, reaching around and nailing underneath to install them, I was in a foul mood. She was cutting, climbing and bringing me stacks of the little studs and I got to one location and couldn't find the stud. I called it out again and she said "I already cut that one". "I don't have it cut me another one "DanG it!".

Oh yeah, my maker brought that gun down right on my finger as I pulled the trigger (that'll shut him up). My sweetwife simply looked up and said "Don't bleed on the logs" :D

Magicman

A couple went out for dinner in a fine restaurant. After being seated the husband noticed a woman a few tables over, sitting alone and drinking but not eating. There were several empty cocktail glasses in front of her and she could barely sit up. The husband kept glancing over and finally his wife asked, "Do you know her?" The husband replied, "Yes. That's my ex-wife. When we divorced 7 years ago, I heard she took to drinking and hasn't been sober a day since." The wife replied, "My goodness. You would think the woman couldn't go on celebrating that long."
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coalsmok

I backed into my wife's four runner one morning with the four wheeler. I went ahead and got the feeding done so the cows would at least have a meal when she killed me. She loved that car but I guess she loves me more, I'm still here

Thank You Sponsors!