iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Today's happy customer

Started by Jim_Rogers, January 27, 2019, 02:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilltop366

Quote from: Bruno of NH on November 29, 2019, 03:36:08 PMHe likes driving 

I would say so, he sounds like an interesting guy/good friend.

Resonator

QuoteHe likes driving 
He must like "sawmill fresh" scent in his van also! ;D
smiley_airfreshener
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Bricklayer51

He is a long way from home as hawks mi is near me

Bruno of NH

He got home sometime early this morning or after midnight
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bricklayer51

Bruno he made it in time for the last day of deer season

Bruno of NH

He had already got his deer bow hunting 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Today's happy customer came after his 250 1x10x10 white pine boards.
He came only in a pickup because his kids had junk metal on his trailer.
He paid me in full and will return for the rest.
The boards are heading to Florida to be used as siding on a house he is going to be building there.
He's going to order some more stuff.
He paid Ben Franklin's it made it worth work Thanksgiving and Sunday in the cold .
10° this morning.

samandothers

Glad for ya!  Wow, long way to haul siding!

Southside

Glad to hear you pulled it off! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Stephen1

#Shelby78 FF member, came on a 3hr drive to pick up his Walnut Slabs. We put them in the kiln  2 & 1/2 weeks ago. 53"x110"x2 1/2'  They looked really nice coming out. He was heading down the road to have them planed and sanded on his way back home. Since this all came about  because of this great place, I made a 10% donation to the FF  

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Jim_Rogers

Tuesday's happy customer brought me a 9x9x9' hand hewed beam he wanted sliced down the middle.
After checking for nails, I did just that.
He was happy and gave me a nice tip.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

doc henderson

i do not have a pic of the customer, but a lead scribe from the Wesley Peds ED, that I gave some walnut and maple too, sent a pic of the cutting board he made at the WSU campus shop.  he is not sure he can bring himself to actually cut anything on it.  red headed guy goes by RJ.  the R stands for Rustin (rusty).

very nice for a first project.  they have people to help out in the campus shop.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

RichTired

Might make a good chess or checker board, since he's not sure about chopping on it.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

JJ

Right number of squares, 8x8.
Now he just needs to turn some chess men.

Jim_Rogers

Yesterday's happy customer got away before I had a chance to snap a shot of his mantle I cut out of a timber for him and his wife.
But this is where it came from:

6x11x77inches cut back 1/2" on three sides to show fresh cuts.

I hope she's happy.

Jim Rogers

doc henderson

maybe a little meat and cheese along the edges while you play!  :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

RichTired

Jim - did you do the cut backs with the saw, an ax or chisel?   
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: RichTired on March 10, 2020, 05:16:20 PM
Jim - did you do the cut backs with the saw, an ax or chisel?  
I used my new to me battery powered chain saw for the end cuts and then put it on the mill and trimmed three sides 1/2" off to freshen up the piece.
Jim Rogers

Jim_Rogers

Today's second happy customer came over to pick up some 1" boards for his cabin project.
thanks Dan:

Jim Rogers

Dakota

Glad to see that you're keeping your social distance. :D
Dave Rinker

Jim_Rogers

Yesterday's happy customer was a repeat customer. He came by without an appointment and picked up some more oak slabs, most round edge both sides.

Here is this load, minus a 4x4 oak that he got to make legs for some oak benches:

And he texted me a picture of the project he just completed with the wide slab he got from me last time he was here:

He was happy with the way it came out. I hope it doesn't crack on him.

Jim Rogers

Weekend_Sawyer

I think that is one of the coolest sinks I have ever seen.
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WDH

Yes, a very unique and beautiful piece.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jim_Rogers

Saturday's second happy customer came over to get a 6' piece of pine log for his twiki wiki totem pole project;

Monday they send me a picture of what they have done so far:

Jim Rogers

Thank You Sponsors!