iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Locked up

Started by goose63, April 19, 2014, 09:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose63

The old 2171 gave up today but it is 14 years old and cut a lot of wood .wife said I might as well get a bigger one so its a 2188 wife is a keeper  8) 8) 8) 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

celliott

Well congrats on the new red beast  ;D 2188 is alot of saw!

So what exactly happened to the 2171? Don't want to rebuild it, or too far gone?

I bought two 2171's and a pile of parts earlier this winter. I'm gonna keep one and sell one. I love my 372xp (orange version)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Spike60

Might not be wise to discuss rebuilding the 2171 until the 2188 has been secured.  :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

goose63

It just locked up dead in its tracks wont turn over was in the middle of a cut might take it apart but I don't there is any hope :(
goose

celliott

Soooo now that you got the 2188 in your hands  :)   Watcha gonna do with the 2171?  ???
I might be interested in it as a parts saw, if you're not going to rebuild it of course.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
265rx clearing saw

goose63

Don't know yet I may take it apart see what's all wrong might try rebuilding that old saw I sure did like it
goose

Dave Shepard

I would never give up on a Pro saw just because it was locked up. Buy a replacement and keep cutting, yes, but I wouldn't toss the old one. My 394XP was seized solid, and I was able to save the jug. I lost it a couple years later when the circlip came off the wrist pin. There's a thread on it here. It was really toast that time, but I still have the toasty pieces. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

celliott

Figured I'd ask. I have 2 2171's and have a mishmash of parts for them\372, wouldn't mind having another.
If it was mine, I'd definitely try rebuilding it.
They aren't too hard to work on, and it might surprise you how little you may spend to get it running again. If you use non OEM parts of course. Then you'll have a nice powerful backup saw for that 2188.
If you do try to rebuild it, good for you  8)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
265rx clearing saw

Thank You Sponsors!