iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new toy

Started by cjfrank, January 13, 2011, 03:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjfrank

I purchased a new to me clark 664b cable skidder and I'm looking for the manuals. Could someone help with me on this?
cjfrank, 1976 clark 664 skidder
Model 4000 Iron Mule Forwarder
1958 JD 620 Tractor
1990 peterbuilt straight truck with lemco loader, 2009 Woodmizer LT40 w/12' Extension

logman81

Look on ebay you might get lucky I think I saw a parts manual on there.
Precision Firewood & Logging

cjfrank

Thanks, Logman. I'll look it up tonight, I also can't find the serial number or what year it truely is. I thought it was an 87' but know I think it is a 76' model.
1958 JD 620 Tractor
1990 peterbuilt straight truck with lemco loader, 2009 Woodmizer LT40 w/12' Extension

oldseabee

Serial number should be stamped on the front and rear frame in the hinge area. I think that I have parts manual for that machine, somewhere, I'll have to look. If I have one I won't let it go but will share info or I will copy it if you pay for the copies. I'm retired and on fixed income. I also have shop manuals on the components, except the gearmatic winch is a maybe. I was skidder rep for Clark back in the 70's 80's and earlly 90's. I maybe able to help with any problems you have and pressure settings.
C272 or C273 converter 2420 transmission.

rick f

to oldseabee, please pm me with what a copy of the manuels for a 664 clarke would be . I'd really like to have one for mine.

Thank you, Rick
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

timbuck2

I think it's an automatic

oldseabee

I'll have to look in my storage to see if I have the parts manual. It would help if you could find the serial number. Biggest difference is the winch. Is it a Clark winch or Gearmatic? There might have been a change in the Converter wheel size, C272 had 12 inch members and the C273 had 13 inch members, and there was some service bulletins out for improvements by serial number.
Bill

nhlogga

Go to Allied Systems web site. The manuals can be downloaded there for free. I got a 664c and that's how I got mine.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

oldseabee

Volvo has sold all rights to make and sell Clark/Michigan parts to Minnpar, a division of PartsZone. LLC.
A lot of the Clark skidder parts are in the clark Michigan line.

rick f

how long ago did this happen?

also do you have a paint code for the 1967 664 paint code or a color?
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

oldseabee

This happened just a few months ago, not sure of the exact date. You can register on the web site free and search by part number.
www.minnpar.com
Don't have the paint code, but I'll see if I can find a part no. for the paint.

rick f

Thank you, putting the wrong color on would be like wearing someone elses drawers it just ain't right.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

oldseabee

Clark Part Number for yellow paint is 5260034, in 1 Gal. can. Can be bought at
www.minnpar.com, price is $32.99
You have to register but it is free. when you find the part it is listed as Lima/Austin Western, Hein warner. Clark owned Lima and Austin western at one time. This is what they called the "New Clark Yellow", Changed due to lead content in the original.

cjfrank

Mr, seabee I would be interested in the manuals and be willing to pay you for them or copys of them. Please send me a pm with the info or phone number and i"ll get in touch with you. Thanks,cj
Quote from: oldseabee on January 19, 2011, 08:05:24 AM
Clark Part Number for yellow paint is 5260034, in 1 Gal. can. Can be bought at
www.minnpar.com, price is $32.99
You have to register but it is free. when you find the part it is listed as Lima/Austin Western, Hein warner. Clark owned Lima and Austin western at one time. This is what they called the "New Clark Yellow", Changed due to lead content in the original.
1958 JD 620 Tractor

oldseabee

Were you able to find the Serial Number? It is usually stamped in letters and numbers about 1/2 to 3/4 inch high. Some of the parts have been changed due to updates and they do it by Serial Number, also service bulletins are sometimes S/N specific.

oldseabee

I emailed you the operator's manual, but the parts manual is too big of a file to send so I will make a CD and send it to you if you email me your address
Bill

oldseabee

S/N 514E series built from August 1972- Jan, 1975.
I thought it was later then that but that's what it is.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!