iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First post

Started by archeryplus, March 25, 2024, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archeryplus

Just getting started on the forum although I have been reading it for over a year.
Just retired and have time to use the Norway LM30 I bought 2 years ago.
Working my way through Red and White oak from land clearing for my sons home.

Thanks for all the great info and I will have questions Im sure

Rick

doc henderson

welcome to the forum!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

rusticretreater

Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SawyerTed

Welcome!  Whatever you do, get those white oaks milled before they dry too much!  It gets hard to cut!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

archeryplus

Thanks and yes the white oak are a little tougher now.  Only half dozen of them left then a dozen red oak.

B.C.C. Lapp

Hello archeryplus. And welcome.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

thecfarm

Welcome!!!
What's the lumber going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nebraska

twar

archeryplus

Thanks for the kind welcome.
So far I have used some for the basement wall in a little man cave for me in a new home we had built and cut the same for my son in his new home.
Sold enough live edge and dimensional to pay for blades,gas, and some Crown for the down times.

SwampDonkey

Welcome. Let the sawdust fly.  :thumbsup:
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

archeryplus

Thanks, 
I have managed to work up quite a few over the last 2 years and started using some of it for our projects.

Man Cave and grandkids play area walls 
1000017350.jpg

1000017351.jpg

1000017352.jpg

doc henderson

must have some tough grandkids, to lift all that weight and harvest all the animals.!   ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WV Sawmiller

Oh my Gosh! Somebody call PETA.

Okay, just joking. In what should be the standard FF greeting to new sawmillers: "Welcome A Board."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Nebraska

So wherdja git that Pheasant on the wall??excelllent man cave btw. 

archeryplus

Thanks all,
and the peasant!  That was the first bird I shot over a golden retreiver that my parents gave me as a pup on my high school graduation in 1979.
So that bird was shot in 1980.

Not much for peasant in Wisconsin any longer and even then we planted alot through the loalFish and Game club.

Sure miss that style of hunting.

Magicman

Welcome Sir. 

Nice collection of Whitetails and I love the "storms" and "path" picture.  :thumbsup:

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

archeryplus

Thank you Majic,
And yes that saying helped me through a tough stretch when my son had a TBI due to a tree felling accident.
But thanks to alot of prayrs he has had a basiclly full recover but does have a couple metal straps holding a skull plate in place.

jpassardi

LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

Thank You Sponsors!