iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Wife's Blog

Started by Sixacresand, September 01, 2012, 06:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

I want to share a blog post my wife, Nancy, wrote today about sawmilling. 

http://nancyswritings.blogspot.com/
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

drobertson

very nice read! Real happy for you folks, It is very rewarding to take a log to lumber, I just love it, and the wife too. I do most of it, she is still in Elemtary Ed,  Kindergarten,  23 years, the last thing she needs at the end of her day is dealing with another child!  Have fun with the mill, and a great week-end,,,david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

John, it sounds like Nancy is a keeper.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mikeb1079

that's pretty neat.  makes life so much easier when you share interests!   8) 8)
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

Delawhere Jack

Good women appreciate men with productive toys......Know where I could meet one?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on September 01, 2012, 09:05:18 PM
Good women appreciate men with productive toys......Know where I could meet one?

A good Woman or Man?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

He was talking about the productive toys.  Da man is craving sawmills.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I was starting to think he was on the wrong forum.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 01, 2012, 09:15:57 PM
Quote from: Delawhere Jack on September 01, 2012, 09:05:18 PM

A good Woman or Man?  :D

Henceforth I shall call you Chuckles, cause you're a funny guy......

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

slider

all i can say is why didn't you  bring this fine person to the sycamore sawing i can see it would have been one more treat for us all.
al glenn

Sixacresand

Quote from: slider on September 03, 2012, 10:15:10 PM
all i can say is why didn't you  bring this fine person to the sycamore sawing i can see it would have been one more treat for us all.

She was prepared to let me go with her.  She had her steel toed boots and gloves.  But as they say "something came up".   
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!