iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

surprise visit today

Started by redbeard, October 07, 2013, 10:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

Giant Splinter stopped by this afternoon for a visit, we had a good time talking mills, wood and stories about each others lives. Its always neat to meet another sawyer and especially another forestry forum member. Our wives had a good visit also.

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Chuck White

You betcha, always nice when we meet another member!  smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Roxie

Yes, it's wonderful to meet another member, and it's wonderful you shared that visit with us.  Thank you! 
Say when

sandhills

Pretty appropriate setting too I might add  :).

giant splinter

After getting my appointments out of the way last week I could see that there was a little light at the end of the tunnel and I had some free time ........ First up was to get in touch with Redbeard, as it worked out he had a little time on Monday afternoon to meet up and show me his woodworking and milling operation. We spent some quality time sharing ideas and checking out his work in progress and some completed projects, Redbeard has a very well thought out milling and woodworking layout including many of his own modifications to make things go smooth. As you can see he is a guy you can look up too ........... literally ;D  Im 6 feet, he must be a half a foot taller.
Thanks for taking the time to share with me your shop and milling operation Redbeard and I look forward to a visit from you in the future.   This Forestry Forum is very special to me and Sawyers like Redbeard make it that way.
                                                                                                                        GS                         
roll with it

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Very nice. Y'all come on down South.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jim_Rogers

Without captions and without a redbeard it's hard to tell who's who in that picture.....
I would have thought that the big guy was giant splinter......
;D

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

beenthere

I just figured the guy holding the big camera was the visitor of the guy with the working clothes on at the moment. No id of the photographer tho. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

Fantastic, I just bet the coffee and treats were purty good too ;D    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!