iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New member just saying "Hello Y'all"

Started by Cartwright, March 25, 2019, 10:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btulloh

It's on 501, about halfway between Roxboro and the VA line.  Just an old country store, but for some reason they were widely (?) known to carry really good wheel cheese.  It did seem like really good cheese, but maybe that was because it was supposed to be.   :D  

My father was from Halifax (Alton) and knew the Gentry fellow that owned the store.  We used to go on a little road trip down to Halifax once in a while and it was just a thing to go down there and buy some cheese.  There were some good old fellas that hung around the store solving the worlds' problems.  It was an activity I'm glad I got to do with my dad before he passed.  
HM126

mart

Welcome sir. Great bunch of folks here and a wealth of knowledge.
I was young and dumb once. I got over being young a long time ago.

LT15 w/19 hp - 24' bed
Branson 3725
Stihl MS362
Husqvarna 450

Cartwright

Btulloh I'm about 6 miles from SP's store. A man that worked for him took it over after Mr Gentry passed but it's still about the same. The older generation that "hungout" there are all gone to except for a couple. People don't appreciate things like that anymore.  Inside looks about the same but the "new guy" put board and batten on the store front. I spent right much time there when I was in high school and working second shift at Fiberboard. We used to get all our garden seed from there to. He always had what we needed and was nice to talk to. Ain't no more stores like that around here anymore. Times change for better or worse!   :-\
Wood-Mizer LT50HDD47-RA
Eg 200 twin blade edger 25hp gas
Volvo L30 compact  wheel loader
Ford CL65 skid steer
'09 F250 Super Duty Powerstroke 
Stihl ms391, 390, 029

kelLOGg

You're not far from me and even closer to xlogger. Welcome!

Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

btulloh

Nice to see that store is still doing well.  Looks like it's in good hands.
HM126

twar

Welcome fellow NCarolinian. Lots of good info here...stay tuned.

kczbest

Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

Thank You Sponsors!