iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Outdoor wood boiler/thermostat

Started by martensc, April 04, 2020, 01:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martensc

Hello, we are new to the whole wood source heating deal. We've had natural gas and recently moved to a home with an NCB-250. All winter it ran well, we have a spin thermostat set to 72 and a digital in the off position with the fan set to auto. Recently my wife was painting and took the spin off to touch some spots up. I put the spin dial back on and now the two aren't syncing. I checked the wires on the inside and they have voltage and are tightened down. Do you guys have any tips on how you re-sync these or how you set yours? I have attached some pictures for reference. 

Thank you 

gspren

Welcome to the forum. You may need to post this question in the firewood/woodheat section.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

PoginyHill

If you took the entire thermostat off, it is likely it was put back on slightly off-level. Since it operates on a mercury switch, the orientation (level) is important to the on/off set-points. If it's not level, it won't keep the set temperature, but a little above it or a little below it.
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

E Yoder

I'm trying to see what they did there. It looks like maybe they jumpered the 24v hot to the round stat, with another jumper back to G to start the fan.  Is that correct? Is that round one a mercury model? A lot of them have stopped using mercury and being level isn't so critical. Just a suggestion, a cheap digital thermostat isn't that expensive if this one gives you trouble.  May have to run batteries in it tho, I don't see a common wire.
HeatMaster dealer in VA.
G7000

E Yoder

As was mentioned it might be out of level or if there are pins that insert to connect the front to the back they may not have been lined up correctly.
HeatMaster dealer in VA.
G7000

Thank You Sponsors!