iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'll Explain Later...

Started by chickenchaser, December 05, 2013, 02:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chickenchaser

WoodMizer LT35HD

JD 3720 w/loader. 1983 Chevrolet C30 dump. 1973 Ford F600 w/stickloader. 35,000 chickens.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bill Gaiche

Jimmy Mc

Jimmy McIntosh, HF band mill

Higgins

Maybe the chickens got loose... ???

goose63

Wife catch you looking at a new mill? smiley_inspector
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

submarinesailor

He did something dumb and broke his mill................... :o :o :o :D

Bruce

5quarter

What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

drobertson

only good friends! ready and willing to listen and help,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Delawhere Jack

We've all sawed a backstop or log clamp at least once...... Heck, your not really in the club until you do.  ;D

Jeff

QUick post, I'm guessing there was a trip to the ER involved. Hope not though.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chickenchaser

WoodMizer LT35HD

JD 3720 w/loader. 1983 Chevrolet C30 dump. 1973 Ford F600 w/stickloader. 35,000 chickens.

Peter Drouin

just going to buy Wood Mizer :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

Well, I hope "not due to health reasons"!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chickenchaser

Chuck,

Thankfully, no. A very good friend has been trying to buy it from me since I sawed next door to him. Moved onto their place a few weeks ago and they liked the sawing so well - the three day job has grown to "as long as I will stay" they will bring me logs.

I made the statement yesterday I HAD to take it home for personal use. Today they made an offer
( I wouldn't because I knew what the end result would be )...
I couldn't walk away from it.

I'm in mourning.

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

LeeB

They sell more of them. The people that make them need to eat too. Help them out. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Dave Shepard

There is a list of sponsors on the side of the screen who will help you with your mourning. :) Glad it wasn't a more serious situation.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Seaman

Bigger  Badder   Faster  !
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

5quarter

one word...TK2400.

(well, not really a word exactly.)
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Jimmy Mc

Do the right thing. Mourn the loss of your loved mill. About 2 weeks is a good time. Then get a new one. With new paint, Decals, Engine. Just think of it, Looking at all the mills trying to pick one. Talking to all the manufactures, placing the order, looking forward to the delivery.  The smell of new paint burning off the engine when you start it up the first time. OMG, I got to stop.

chickenchaser

Quote from: Jimmy Mc on December 05, 2013, 08:23:59 PM
Do the right thing. Mourn the loss of your loved mill. About 2 weeks is a good time. Then get a new one.

Jimmy,

That's been my reply to him the entire time. "I can't sell it! I would just have to turn around and buy another one..."

Seriously, I began shopping for a mill about this time last year. Went to Woodmizer GA open house and timidly tried the LT15 and LT28. Didn't get much close-up time. Its a 2.5 hour trip for me plus I lose an hour going from Central to Eastern Time. They were very willing to show me any mill and let me operate it but I was looking "small manual" at the time.   

Lord willin' I'm going back Saturday. I won't be timid this time. I'll be earlier, too. I'm gonna have fun...

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

chickenchaser

Quote from: 5quarter on December 05, 2013, 07:45:22 PM
one word...TK2400.

(well, not really a word exactly.)

5Q,

It's gonna be hard to persuade me to go any color other than RED...but I light of recent events (that I said would never happen) I guess it can be done.  :D

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

Jimmy Mc

[quote, I began shopping for a mill about this time last year. Went to Woodmizer GA open house and timidly tried the LT15 and LT28. Didn't get much close-up time. Its a 2.5 hour trip for me plus I lose an hour going from Central to Eastern Time. They were very willing to show me any mill and let me operate it but I was looking "small manual" at the time.   

Lord willin' I'm going back Saturday. I won't be timid this time. I'll be earlier, too. I'm gonna have fun... [/quote]

5 hours on the road, 5 to 6 hours playing with the mills, sounds like a good time. Take the wife, spend more time playing with the mills, take her out for supper, get a room, Perfect.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

5quarter

CC...just noticed you were in Alabama. Take a drive over to Newton and visit with Cooks Saw. Top of the line machines and best of all...they're RED!  ;) :D :D
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Papa1stuff

Or go to Mississippi and see Timmy ;D and his machines are orange ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

samandothers

Exciting times!   Christmas and new toy shopping!   I am sure any color will look good with saw dust on it.

x2 on Jimmy's post.

scully

I live very close to Syracuse N.Y.  all the collage sports teams are refered to as the "Orange men" just saying ...... But seriously no matter what mill how high or low end ,I have seen so many guys do some fantastic work with them all ! Nothing in the world better than new mill day !
I bleed orange  .

manoverboard

Well I'll throw this out there, I live in WV north of Parkersburg. If you can get over this way, your welcome to try my TK2000. Shoot me a pm if not, then good luck many nice mills out there...
TimberKing 2000, 35hp Diesel, Kubota L3800 w/loader

YellowHammer

Find what you want and just pay da man! 8). 
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

ladylake

Quote from: manoverboard on December 07, 2013, 06:17:14 AM
Well I'll throw this out there, I live in WV north of Parkersburg. If you can get over this way, your welcome to try my TK2000. Shoot me a pm if not, then good luck many nice mills out there...

You'll spoil him watching a TK 2000.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

chickenchaser

Quote from: YellowHammer on December 07, 2013, 07:06:54 AM
Find what you want and just pay da man! 8). 
YH

I HAVE....and I CAN'T.  :D

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

chickenchaser

Quote from: manoverboard on December 07, 2013, 06:17:14 AM

Quote from: ladylake on December 07, 2013, 05:10:25 PM
You'll spoil him watching a TK 2000.    Steve

Guys,

I have a cousin a little over an hour away already on his 3rd TK upgrade. Currently, it's the 2200. He has told me to come on down and play with it. I haven't taken him up on the offer yet. Don't know if one could recover from that journey... ;)

Oh - manoverboard: Thanks much for that offer.

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

Brad_bb

You know, If you don't like the color the mill is, you can change it, just like you can change the color of a car.  Some disassembly, cleaning, then a wipe down with RM PreKeano 900 Wax and Grease remover, then DA the powder coat 320, Sealer primer with a good epoxy sealer with fast catalyst, then paint with a good acrylic urethane(automotive paint) so you'll have good UV resistance.  Then pin stripe it or do whatever custom touches you want.  Clear coat if needed to seal custom work. 

If adding custom LED lighting, drill all of your mounting holes before starting the paint work.   

Oh, I'm sorry....I guess I just drifted off into one of my crazy fantasies!
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

chickenchaser

Quote from: Brad_bb on December 07, 2013, 09:34:09 PM
You know, If you don't like the color the mill is, you can change it...
Oh, I'm sorry....I guess I just drifted off into one of my crazy fantasies!

I could always get one of every color!

Now I'm drifting...  ::)

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

Thank You Sponsors!