Limb holder - Kevin and Tamiam check this out

Started by Brad_bb, April 25, 2013, 12:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

check out what cody at wranglerstar made, you can see the finished result at about the 8 minute mark if you want to skip ahead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG0GeML-kAA
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Jeff

So your trading bending over for heavy lifting and menuevering.  I see no benefit in such a device. Much easier ways to cut firewood on the ground.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tam-i-am

yes, we have seen several things like this.
we were going to make one at one time and call it Tree Rex
but the project got scrapped.

Besides if you have Junior you only need one tool to move the log and hold the log so you can buck.  1 tool to do 2 jobs - saves money and saves space

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

beenthere

I agree with Jeff, and over the years of looking for an "easier" way, have built similar saw bucks, log "end" holders, and always resort to just having a 20" bar, leaving the log lay on the pile secured with one foot, or kicking a toe under to raise the limb wood up so the tip of the bar doesn't touch dirt. Quicker, less bending, and less work.
Only reach down to pick up a piece once. Not twice to lift the limb to the device, and then again to pick up the fallen pieces.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Brad_bb

I'm not very experienced with making firewood myself, but I thought it was interesting and he was being inventive.  I thought either this idea might be interesting to logrite, or could perhaps stimulate some other ideas to add to their product line or to existing products to make them even more useful.  I  often find that one idea will spark others, both related and not directly related.   Any idea that can make you think and stimulate the creative process is a good thing.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

beenthere

Brad
I was pretty sure I'd already seen these on the market.

Google

Images for Remington Smart Holder Log Holder
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others