iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heard that ZINGGGG and was sure it was a nail...

Started by kelLOGg, April 07, 2017, 05:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deese

But I don't even use mine anymore because the brand of bandwheel belts that I'm using (and really like) are crowned a tad more than others I've tried. That, combined with 1/4" down pressure from my blade guides has my blade cutting 3/8" lower than what my depth gauge indicates (I haven't adjusted depth gauge) and about 1/8" lower than the guard, rendering it useless. In fact, it gives me a false sense of security when the guide is down and I end up skimming the tops of my clamps. So, I keep it retracted out of the way and just try to pay full attention.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Ox

After reading my own posts I see that I'm stumbling and tripping all over myself.  Hell, I think I even confused myself once there for a minute.  I can't get my thoughts out well enough so I'm a gonna leave her lie.  Thanks fellers -  :)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Kbeitz

So all the manufacturing company's need to do is to come up with
an adjustable bumper guard. I'm thinking if the guard was mounted
on the blade guides it would work. I do know that i am very happy
to have a guard on my mill. I doesn't matter how careful you are
you will hear the zing without one someday and if you hit a nail
you will get to hear it anyway.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Deese

And if I hit a clamp..who cares. They make blades everyday. If I choose to worry about something that day, it sure as heck ain't going to be related to ruining a $25 blade.
Cooks AE4P Edger

fat olde elf

Hey Kellog !  You are an honest man !!! Actually I have known that for many years but now you have it in writing. Too bad it was one of those expensive WM bands......Keep the faith. Fat Olde Elf
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Peter Drouin

When you are putting out a lot of lumber things happen.

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Kbeitz

Ahhh... That blade is just getting broke in...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Weekend_Sawyer

Yep, I kissed the dog last weekend. See that shiny spot on the nut. That was enough.  ;D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

goose63

3 nails and this thing

I think it was broke off climeing spike it was abought 6 feet up from the but

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Weekend_Sawyer

I also hit some barbed wire last weekend. It was put there by my great grand uncle who used to keep a couple of cows. Thanks Unc!

I should have noticed the blue stain on the butt of the log. but...
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Sixacresand

A few times I heard the debarker hit a nail, shut down and saved the blade.  I have not ran into the clamp with the debarker yet, but I'm sure it will happen eventually😅
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

I hit the log turner claw with the Debarker when we were sawing Willie Steel's (wwsjr) logs.  I can assure you that if you are asleep, the noise will wake you up.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Deese

A guy dropped off a bunch of small syp logs the other day and they were all packed full of dirt. Awful. I was forced to buy a new debarker...a hatchet. Ugh...I can hardly wait until I get a LT40HD. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but thinking it will be sometime in the next few months. Fingers Crossed.
Cooks AE4P Edger

Magicman

I was replacing some Zerks on my sawmill this morning and included a picture of my log clamp with battle scars. 

Now here is what my side support bolt and roller looks like.  It is also badly scarred but so far has lived to tell about it.  Might as well tell because the evidence speaks for itself.  Now remember that is from 19 years and two different owner's abuse.  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

safdchief2

While at the local hobby shop, I found one of those 'paint pens' that comes in a rust color. A quick touch-up and the shiny metal is gone!  8)
WM 1995 LT40HD OnanG24 - Farmall M - Selfmade 32" log arch - 2011 FLHTCU FFSE

CCCLLC

My mill gets lighter every year. Hopefully soon, I'll have everything cut out of my way!

kelLOGg

Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Crossroads

On my old lt30, the side supports were 2x2 box tubing. I was really impressed with how far a 10* blade cut into that first one before I got it stopped 😳
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: CCCLLC on January 19, 2018, 12:02:46 PM
My mill gets lighter every year. Hopefully soon, I'll have everything cut out of my way!

This takes the cake. ( old saying ).  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!