iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Share experiences with your boots

Started by SwampDonkey, May 18, 2017, 11:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

pappy19

I love my White's Smokejumper boots. I also have a pair of their lace up Cowboy boots with the mini-Vibram sole.  In the western mountains, Red Wings don't hold up, their heals brake down from side hilling.  There are a few copies of White's boots, but the original is still the best IMHO.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

brianb88

Slip on Justin's for me. Made in the USA and steel toe.
Measure twice, cut once

4x4American

I run insulated Chippewas in the cold, they are heavy but dont seem to bother me when its cold enough out.  In the warm weather I run Herman Survivors from the wal mart.  The tall ones.  $50 and they last about a year real comfortable, light weight, squishy soles are like wearing sneakers.  The Chips are too hot and heavy when its warm.  A pair of chips can last me 3-4 years.  I also have two pair of them and I rotate them daily.  and keep them full of obenaufs boot grease. 

I coated my hermans with atf on accident then on purpose when dosing the mill and I give atf a thumbs down for a boot weather proofer lol
Boy, back in my day..

SwampDonkey

Quote from: nativewolf on May 19, 2017, 07:26:25 PM
Note I got when I inquired.

We are the manufacture and we do not sell to end users.  Also the boot you are interested in is only sold in Canada.  You could try to purchase it on Amazon or from a Grainger store.

Thank you

They don't have the 69 or 68, but I see all their boots are higher priced in $US than at Deakin in Canadian $ and an added bonus with a currency exchange difference. Shipping is never cheap across borders though. The model 68 is CDN $159.95, no caulks.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LeeB

Been wearing Redwings most of my life. Got the scars on the inside of my feet above the arches to prove it. Redwings used to be murder to break in but after that were great boots. Started wearing them at 15. I wear them at home as well as at work. Well let me rephrase that, I wear them at work when I get out of the living quarters. I wear a cheap pair of wally world tennis shoes with velcro strap/laces at my desk. Easy to slip on and won't hurt my feelings if they disappear while I'm at home.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!