iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Offshore fishing

Started by Briankinley2004, January 22, 2017, 11:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Funny how different areas are. I've never seen a Riffe gun around these parts. Do you have Sea Hornets?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ianab

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 26, 2017, 07:39:05 AM
I'd have to run out 100 miles to get anywhere near that depth.

That's another cool thing about the Pacific Islands. Deep water as soon as you leave the harbor. We did a game fishing charter in Rarotonga a few years back and where trolling for Wahoo in about 1,000 ft of water. Glanced at my phone, and I had wifi signal from our holiday house on the beach  :D

Couple of miles further out and it was more like 10,000 ft.

We did actually catch a fish (it was a slow day) about 500 yards off the end of the airport runway

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Briankinley2004

Quote from: Magicman on January 26, 2017, 07:09:59 AM
My present customer owns a tuna fishing service out of Venice, LA.

Whats his company name? I know a couple guys over there. We go out of Port Fourchon near Grand Isle. I keep my camper down there all year and yes set cruise on 50 going through the meadow. Those wahoo are nice. I have caught a few but never shot one. They are some fine eating. We hit the Mississippi Canyon about 25 miles out. The middle of it is probably 3,000 feet

Magicman

Lee McLean.  Here is his fishing service: http://venicesportfishing.com/

I just sawed wall paneling for a new lodge that he is building.

Many years ago I fished with Charlie Hardison's (sp) outfit out of Port Fourchon.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Briankinley2004

Don't know him but have heard the name. Charlie Hardison died. He was actually from Monroe, my area. His son in law took the boat over but got busted by Feds   The fines and economic situations forced him to give the boat to the bank. I rent my r v spot from the current owner and the boat sits across the street from my camper. It's still named capt charlie. Renovations on it are almost complete including new engines. They are located north of the old place

Magicman

The last time that I fished there we were on the Sailfish, which was in Charlie's fleet.  At least we booked through Charlie's service.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Briankinley2004

That's been a while, just fishing with  Charlie has been a while. He's been dead along time

Magicman

Yup, 12 years or more.  Ouch!

Thank You Sponsors!