iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is a Senior Member?

Started by Peder McElroy, May 08, 2010, 11:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder McElroy

Can anyone explain to me what a Senior Member / Full Member and a X2 Member is , and what is with the Trees?  Thanks Peder

beenthere

Senior members are "old".

No explanation, it just happens the longer you hang around. But keep an eye out for yours.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lmbeachy

does 71 qualify as old, or do I have a ways to go yet. Lbeachy
hotfoot

Papa1stuff

not old yet ,couple more years! :D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Magicman

You "old" guys need to set a good example for us "youngsters"....... smiley_old_guy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peder McElroy

Thank's for the info. It's pretty much like I thought, by looking at the number of post that you all have. I guess it's those cold winter days. I like the forum and I'll keep up my posts when I have more to share. Peder

woodmills1

cold or not it's just the old
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

ARKANSAWYER

Some of us just need more trees to hide behind.
ARKANSAWYER

Texas Ranger

It is a reflection of our senior moments.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

lmbeachy

Quote from: Papa1stuff on May 08, 2010, 09:00:08 PM
not old yet ,couple more years! :D

Thank goodness, You mean I might have a few more years. LBeachy
hotfoot

Magicman

I hope that I don't get old before I finish doing whatever it is that I need to do..... ::)...... ???  Now if I could just remember what that was that I was doing before I ...........

captain_crunch

M_M
Least your trees still work look at Tom's Street light shines righ thru em ;D :(
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Magicman

I felt old today handling one end of 20' 2X12's..... :'(

ljmathias

Just remember, MM and the rest of us- you may be aging but that doesn't mean you're getting old.  Older is good, not getting older is pretty much a dead end. :(

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Magicman

Quote from: ljmathias on May 16, 2010, 11:57:36 AM
pretty much a dead end  Lj 

Yeah, that's it.....I've got a "dead end"..... :D

Slingshot

Magicman,
                  With my LT30 I don't have to worry about having to handle EITHER end of
             a 20 foot 2X12.   :)

Magicman

sling_shot .....You don't play fair.  :)   Anyway, it's not the ends that are heavy.....it's the middle.   :D

dovetails

Quote from: Magicman on May 16, 2010, 03:52:20 PM
sling_shot .....You don't play fair.  :)   Anyway, it's not the ends that are heavy.....it's the middle.   :D

as you find out fast,moving them by yourself!!
1984 wm lt30,ford 3000 w/frt lift,several chain saws, 1953 model 30 Vermeer stump grinder,full wood working shop, log home in the woods what more ya need?

trailman

old bald guys with sore backs covered with dust and big grins :D

Meadows Miller

Gday

I was about to post somthng about being a senior member  ;D but cant seem to remember what it was i was gona say  ;) :D :D :D ;D

Lifting a 20' 12x2" is easier lifting in the middle by your own than liting an end when the person on the other end dont know what they are doing  :o ??? ::)  ;) :D :D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Trailman you dont need to be old n bald to have a bad back n be covered in sawdust wearn a big grin Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

paul case

im not sure if old has anything to do with forgetting
im not certain being bald is a sign of age
im not sure if im getting smarter or just more experienced
i may not even be growing old gracefully
better with age or just old ? :P
not a senior member but i got plenty of senior moments to go around.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Meadows Miller

Gday

Paul Ive allways had shocking short term memory i hate when you put somthing down for a second then spend the next half n hour looking for the bloody thing  :) ??? :( ::)  ;) :D :D :D the trick there is to put everything in the one spot tool boxes are handy  ;) :D :D :D the  there is one saying i get a laugh outa and thats The older I get the better I Was Mate   ;) :D :D ;D ;D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

paul case

yup

i know thats not much of a post but my number gets higher and makes me get closer to being a senior member.pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

paul case

oh wow !
while no one was looking and i had my head turned i became a senior member.  could be that all you have to do is have more and more senior moments to become one!  pc
pc

Thank You Sponsors!