iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This is neat!!

Started by Quartlow, February 08, 2007, 12:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

The wife was watching HGTV tonight, they had a show where a bout a couple in NO who lost thier house in Katrina.
The leveled the old one built a 10 foot high foundation. Bought a house that was already built and moved it in. Now all that in itself really isn't that impressive. What was impressive was the trailer they moved it on. I've seen a lot of hydraulic trailers but never saw one that could lift the house straight up 8 feet!! And drive with it up there. It has three axles under it, They could lift each one or just raise one side up.

Heck they where picking it up over parked cars. The cool part was getting it up on the new foundation. IT was 10 feet high, the trailer only went 8. They backed a detach trailer inside the foundation, then backed in on top of that. Thy got almost there and where lacking a foot or so, the front of the house was to low. So the cribbed up the trailer and used the hydraulics to lift the back of the tractor off the ground, cribbed under the tires then lifted it the rest of the way. IT was just amazing.

Heres the company that moved it. The trailer is in the background and if you loof close they have a bobcat parked under the trailer
http://www.davieshoring.com/
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

moosehunter

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thank You Sponsors!