iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Buried in Sawdust!

Started by altonwoods, August 27, 2010, 11:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altonwoods

No exaggeration! It looks like these people who ran this mill just showed up,ran the mill.and left...They never cleaned up anything! Today was spent trying to dig it out and figuring out what it would take to get it ready to roll.

Can anyone tell me what the piece of puckered plastic that the knees ride on is called?
It's going to need to be replaced!

Another thing they did was set the mill so low that it's not only very difficult to clean under but also a challenge to get jacked up enough to get the wheels on it!

We got a lot done today,after we get a loader on site things will go a lot faster!

bandmiller2

AW,so its a portable circular saw, is their just one axle??Only thing you can do is shovel the sawdust out and jack it up on dunnage then replace the wheels.If the manuf. is still in business that wear strip should be no problem,if not match the thickness with teflon sheet.Shame they left so much dust around it if that gets wet can really rust up things.If its a one piece portable mill your setup will be alot easier than old circular mills with loose pieces.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Piston

Altonwoods,
Are you from Alton NH?  My grandfather lives there and I hope to one day as well. 
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

altonwoods

@Piston, No, I'm from Missouri...thanks for asking!

@bandmiller, Yes,only one. We jacked it up from the tongue and were able to get an extra bit of space to work with but first we have to disassemble the dust chute coming from the edger and a couple of other things. Teflon sheet? I'll look into that. As far as I can tell, Edmiston is no longer in business. They don't have an easy to find web-site like Hurdle does. Yeah, the dust needs to be pressure washed off. thanks for the comment!

Thank You Sponsors!