iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Treehugger

Started by terry f, February 11, 2012, 12:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I have a big old yellow birch that was 25" 6 years ago. It would likely have a veneer bolt in the but log, but that thing hasn't a dead limb and produces a lot of seed. For some reason when the place was logged, they never cut it. They certainly cut yellow birch, but not that tree. So, it still stands, and I'll not likely cut it. I have no machinery to get it out anyway and no logger is going to come cut one tree.  ;) I'm trying to get yellow birch to come back as much as possible. It will grow where sugar maple won't and just as valuable for veneer or logs. I won't live long enough for none of it, but that's part of it I guess. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thenorthman

So its an old thread...

My ma's place as 6-7 redwoods planted next to the garden and shop driveway, My grandpa planted them sometime before he died in 63', ma wants me to cut them all down, even though I never met my grandpa I still don't want to do it, I'd rather cut the two old ceders that guard the shop driveway before I cut these poor redwoods that are so far from home. 

There knocking on 60 years old and most of them are less then 12" in dia.
well that didn't work

Thank You Sponsors!