iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big Bertha

Started by KiwiJake, February 11, 2004, 10:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiJake

Well here it is the giant ASM, came togather pretty nice. It does't look like it but that log is 4 ft wide. No the blade wasn't spinning when Paul was under it :D.  

Brian who flew all the way from the states has settled on this sized machine except with, 10 mtrs track, 3 phase 32hp ellectrics all round(nice :o).

Heading off on monday to train up the new owners and deliver the machine in wellington for a couple of days. Hopefully they'll let me take some pictures of their giant logs.

Check out that head clearance under the high track.

Jeff

So is that still "very" portable Jake? or now just "sorta" portable now? Whats it take to move and set up that thing?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Captain

Pretty Cool, Jake.  What is the log diameter capacity of that thing?  Eight feet?  There are days that I would like the ability to setup more (smaller than that) logs in the mill for sawing at once.  Where is Brian located in the states?

Captain

Ianab

Looks like it all dismantles for transport same as normal ASM. But I guess you can only transport it as far as your 3 phase extension cord will reach ::)
I'd have to call that 'sorta' protable  ;)
Having said that.. I still want one  8)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

raycon

Add a fan attachment to it and I could blow the snow out of my area and get back to milling.
Lot of stuff..

KiwiJake

It better be portable, I'm delivering it on a 6 foot trailer on monday (the mill in the pic is the gas version).

Today I went for a drive up to Auckland and added a couple of upgrades on an ASM, the guys site is incredible, where he operates the mill he can see Auckland city and the skytower, to the right, the west coast and on the other side the east coast, not many places you can get that sort of view especially at you work site :). Wish I took my camera.

Haytrader

Go back with the camera.

We wanna see too.

8)
Haytrader

luke

Kiwijake,

that's a nice looking sawmill.  That one looks heavier and bigger than the one we watched on our videotapes.  Looks like a high production sawmill.

Luke
Checking into grade sawing, building a dry kiln and moulding machines.

RevCant

Mrs. RevCant wants an ASM.  Says she's tired of all the walking I do ;D.  Did I marry the right gal or what?

So, I may be parting with my 8" WPF.  Ya never know, do ya?

RevCant

P.S.  Cool mill KiwiJake.  Still trying to get a camera to post my skid pictures.
If cows could only tail....

woodbeard

QuoteStill trying to get a camera to post my skid pictures.

I will send you mine, I really want to see them!

KiwiJake

Rev, the guy I just visited in Auckland has got sort of the same setup as you, not quite the full monty but he said he's workin on it. He's got two 15" logs running parallel inside the mill to the tracks, 3 sets of knotches for 3 skids which also have knotches in them. Once he gets three logs in there he slides the skids sideways to align them with the tracks. 15" from the ground is a nice working hieght when your dealing with smaller logs. It's not such a portable setup like yours but a nice solid one.

No kidding about the view. Hopefully he has a breakdown on his mill so I can take the camera back there for you guys :D (just kidding).
He's in the process of building a huge house above the mill setup, the walls are being made of rammed earth and all the ceiling out of macro.

Thank You Sponsors!