iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Janet......I got a package today

Started by Burlkraft, January 17, 2006, 03:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

That's what I like to see.......Stand your ground smiley_annoyed01 smiley_annoyed01 smiley_annoyed01

Weekender.....You should be here today ;) ;) It's 17* and a stiff 15 mph wind straight out of the North smiley_grin_earmuff smiley_grin_earmuff smiley_grin_earmuff smiley_grin_earmuff I think I'll have to wear somethin' besides shorts today ;D ;D ;D

Frank...Ya don't know what yer missin'. Janet's coffee is just SOOPER :) :) :) :)

Give my thanks to them hard workin' shade farmers fred_head fred_head fred_head
Why not just 1 pain free day?

crtreedude

I know Janet isn't going to toot her horn this way, but I will. Janet encourages the local farmers to grow the good stuff - shade grown and organic. The reason it is so smooth is that coffee isn't supposed to grow in the sun - but it produces more when you do. But the quality suffers.

You are now drinking coffee the way it was meant to be. Also, Janet pays the farmers more. Normally, you can barely survive raising coffee - but by growing the good stuff and having Janet sell directly to you, the farmers have a decent living - and you have the best coffee there is. And of course, the birds and the rivers thank you too.

So, you can enjoy a great cup and know you actually are helping too. Not a bad thing at all.

Hate to tell you all - you just turned into environmentalist...  ;D I just know you are suffer deprivation because of it...  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

janet

Gee. Fred. tjanks.
I can' t help it.  I've known you too long.
What are you up to, or what is it you want?
???

Tom

He's just trying to convince us that we aren't environmentalist because we don't fertilize our trees with poop.   :D

I ain't buying it.  ;D :)

crtreedude

smiley_bat_morph smiley_devilish smiley_devilish smiley_devilish

Burlkraft

I'm thinkin' free coffee is involved ;D ;D ;D

crtreedude

Probably not booting me off CostaRicaLiving - a forum Janet owns. Perhaps one "Get out of Jail" pass...  ;D

Norm

Truth be told most of us on here are more of an enviornmentalist than any of the ones that use it as a title.

My son asked me if the coffee being organic meant much to me. I told him it did and that most of what I grow for us is done organically but if it comes down to starving or using Diazinon to kill the bugs that are ruining my crops the choice is simple.

I go out of my way to do business with companies such as Janet's, it's just good karma.

janet

Hey, even organic certification doesn't require you to LOSE your crop!  If there are no organic alternatives, and the crop is at stake, there are concessions made at times.
And Fred, nah, not off of CostaRicaLiving (a Yahoo group)...who else would pick on me and keep me in line?
And you get free coffee, dude, when I get free wood.
: )

crtreedude

Yep - I agree with you Norm.

Since you are thinking about building a home - I can see why you want the free wood. I drink a lot of coffee, but not THAT much.  :o

janet

But, FRED, it will be a SMALL house, the coffee is really great, and...and...and....I KNOW, I´ll be NICE to you.
8)

Burlkraft

Fred,

Give her whatever she wants....SHE HAS ALL THE COFFEE!!!!!!

I got a bunch of cherry and maple that I will ship to you Janet....Please don't cut off the coffee supply :'( :'( :'( :'(

janet

Hmmm...wood sounds good.
Never fear.  Fred is the only one in danger here.
;D

Frank_Pender

Tom, I know my trees do, as there is runoff from two horse barns.
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!