iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-2300 operating cost?

Started by island, November 19, 2012, 06:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

island

How much do you think it costs to run the E-2300 a month? I usually wait till my gas bill gets to $75. a month before I fire it up.Outside temps are in the 30's.Thanks for the info on the oil ports.

AsaG

I have a 2400 with one larger pump to heat two buildings.  The actual consumption runs between 180-230 Kwh per month and peak demand is 0.541 Kw.  Most of the usage is to move the water 24x7 so your energy usage will vary depending on your pump(s).  I use a General Electric Kv2C  form 16S utility-grade meter to record usage and demand. 

Logging logginglogging

I have the factory Taco 007 modle i beleive. I have found that its very very low cost with good wood. I also unplug the pump when the house is really warm but i dont want to turn the stove off compleatly. The stove will idle for long periods of time without really using any energy. even with really really bad bad wet wood it would probally only be about 80 a month so I am thinking with good dry wood you would see a much much lower cost than your gas.

beenthere

QuoteI also unplug the pump when the house is really warm but i dont want to turn the stove off compleatly.

Sounds like you do this manually, and am wondering why you are not using a thermostat to control the pump, i.e. turning it off before the house gets "really" warm.  Just curious, as it seems a more comfortable way to live with the wood heat.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Logging logginglogging

Quote from: beenthere on November 19, 2012, 10:20:16 AM
QuoteI also unplug the pump when the house is really warm but i dont want to turn the stove off compleatly.

Sounds like you do this manually, and am wondering why you are not using a thermostat to control the pump, i.e. turning it off before the house gets "really" warm.  Just curious, as it seems a more comfortable way to live with the wood heat.
because the pump on the boiler itsself dose not have a thermostat control box on it..(just a powercord) I might eventually put one on and run a thermostat wire out to it. I of course have zones in the house with pumps thermostatically controlled. However if the boiler one is running it will still push water through the whole system. Infact I rarely even turn on my zones.

beenthere

I was just suggesting putting in a thermostat to control the power cord that you presently are unplugging. That will do automatically what you are now doing manually. Nothing else needs to be altered, as I see it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!