iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

good source for plastic / aluminum NO HUNTING sign

Started by Bobcat_pa, September 16, 2004, 08:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobcat_pa

Got to get away from using the paper NO HUNTING signs.  They barely last a year.    Any one know of a good affordable source to buy plastic or aluminum signs ?        bob

Ron Scott

Try Voss Signs
PO Box 553
Manlius, NY 13104-0553
1-800-473-0698
(315) 682-6418
Fax: (315) 682-7335

Call for their most recent catalog for sign types and prices.
~Ron

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Tom

Now if you can just find some plastic nails, the sawmill will like you when you cut the trees. :D

http://www.raptornails.com/english/firstframe.html

Bobcat_pa

I was on a website yesterday ( CSP Outdoors) and they say that using aluminum siding nails are safe for both the tree and chain.  I assume they have no negative effect on the tree.    Any one have some hands-on experience chainsawing through aluminum nails (.12 diam )  ???  

johnjbc

Contact Rowe's in Carlisle 717-249-5485 They sell signs printed on a special plasticized paper  that is reasonable and holds up very.  Last fall when we did our signs we only had to replace about 6   on 2 ½ miles of line. It  was the third year for them.
Just called and the paper is called White Tyvzk and they are 23.50 / 100 + 2.85 shipping
This will be the 4th year and they still look good
 8) 8)
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Tom

An aluminum nail may not hurt a Chainsaw, but, hit it right and it'll take the set out of a bandsaw blade.  Usually the one that says nails won't hurt is the one driving the nail, not the one sawing the wood. :D

etat

After my fiasco with them Sasfrass trees that was around the barn where my house now sits I will NEVER again drive a nail, or nail wire to a tree.  Thankfully after I cut em down they are sprouting back real pretty.  
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Bobcat_pa

Good point Tom:  did not think about the log going through the mill.      

Jeff

Aluminum nails are not quite as hard on the circle saw, usually only take out a tooth maybe two.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Larry

Purple paint?  Don't know about your state but in Missouri and Arkansas if you spray the parameter of your property with purple paint it means no nothing.  Lasts about 5 years.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!