iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TK1220 is alive...kinda

Started by kellysguy, July 02, 2015, 08:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellysguy

Well, after a long chainsaw rebuild I finally got time to start on getting my mill up and running again. Since I broke the cable I figured it would be best to remove the carriage so it would be easier to work on. Changed the oil and filter and cleaned the carb, it wasn't too bad but the fuel pump diaphram washer was badly rusted. I ordered a new one and an air filter and just ran the mill off of the tank mounted up high. The motor spun slowly so I torn down the starter and cleaned a armature where the brushes ride and clean and greased the drive and bushings; it starts like it should now. Three guide bearings were frozen up so I popped the seals, cleaned them out well, repacked and put the seals back in. They spin fine now. They should hold up now and if they do I'll drill the bottom side of the seals so I can grease them.  The guide width adjustment wouldn't travel all the way so I got that freed up and moving good. The wheels have a little play in them but not too bad. I would imagine as long as the band stays on I'm ok. All and all I'm happy and it's good to finally get started on getting started.

gww

It is nice to have things working good.  I would like to see pictures but understand if you don't feel like it, I really don't like dealling with pictures.  I think I have seen a few TK vidios on you tube but as this mill came up in a differrent thread I am curious now.  Keep us posted on progress.
gww

Thank You Sponsors!