iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky XP266 chain break

Started by P.A.Scott, February 03, 2003, 04:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P.A.Scott

I know maybe I should have posted this in the WANTED forum but its also a question.I have a older huskyXP 266 saw with a broken chain break and have been told by the dealer nearby that the part is no longer avaible. So my reply to him was  SO I GUESSTHE SAW IS JUNK ! and he said well  i guess unless you want to run it that way.So now I have a perfectly fine saw except for a 8$ part  that is unsafe to run, or was this guy just to lazy to look a little. Any advice on were to find  old stock O.E.M. parts for huskys  A new saws not in the budget right now but what way was that Stil daeler  Thanks Scott

Kevin

Scott;
What part of the chain brake is broken?

Tillaway

P.A. Scott
http://www.philssawshop.com
This is a husky dealer that usually has a large supply of used parts and basket case saws. Lots of older parts that vintage for 266's, 281's, 288's and 2100's.

If no luck there keep your eyes on e-bay, you never know.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Pallet_Man

Thanks for the info, all i need is the metal band.I will give this guy a shout to see if he has it. Scott

hydeoutman

Just thought you guys should know, there is a recall on Stihl chain saws.
Stihl has received six reports of fuel leakage. No fires or injuries have been reported.  

The recalled Stihl chain saws include model number MS 170 and MS 180 C with serial numbers 255120848 through 255122797 and 255739074 through 255741150. The name "Stihl" and the model numbers are located on the starter housing. The serial number is printed on the housing near the bumper spikes. These chain saws were manufactured in Virginia Beach, Va.  

Stihl dealers nationwide sold the chain saws from July 2002 through October 2002 for between $180 and $200.  

Consumers should stop using the chain saws immediately and return them to the dealer where purchased for a free repair. For more information, consumers can contact Stihl at 800-610-6677 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or log on to the company's Web site at www.stihlusa.com.  

TJACK

Call Husqvarna 1-800-487-5962 and ask for Jason in their repair / rranty department.  He has a lot of old saws, which he uses for parts.  This may be going in the back door, but the dealer did not give you satisfaction and they have always treated me with respect at Husky.

Good Luck,

TJACK

Kevin

Scott;
That's the brake band, it shouldn't be difficult to locate one.

Dennis

I am positive the 266 brake band is not NLA...I just ordered one a couple weeks ago...I will dig up the new part number for it today...if you want you can call me..

Dennis
250-674-3562
Just Log It.

Dennis

I came up with part number 503-57-22-01  same as the 272, 61, 281, and 288....That part number may upchange as it seems to me....possibly 503-70-04-01?  My computer IPL's are down right now....with my store computer...
Just Log It.

Thank You Sponsors!