iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally got my LT 15 Electric Going with Pics

Started by sst04, June 03, 2011, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sst04

Here is a Picture with the Homemade ramps I made.

First log, this was one of 28 my buddy gave me,  it had a hole in in all the way through so I designated it as a Trial Log.

18 inch Pine Log, Dont laugh at my cutting, I will get the hang of it sooner or later.

Some 2x4s I cut out of the large log to frame a Cover over the mill.

All in all, I like the mill, Seems to work well. 

I have not taken the covers off of the wheels on the guide bar, but is there supposed to be something in there to sweep the sawdust off of the rail? it was getting kinda bumpy after a few cuts.

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bibbyman

Way to go!   

So.. you got all your electrical problems fixed.   I suspect there were instructions with the mill, right?

What did it take to get plugged in?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Magicman

Good looking ramps too.  Did you get the Operator's Manual.  If not, I would call WM for replacements.  That should tell you if something is missing concerning your sawdust question.  I regularly sweep/wipe sawdust from the rail.

Anyway, congratulations on your setup and sawing your Trial log.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sst04

Quote from: Bibbyman on June 04, 2011, 07:06:40 AM
Way to go!   

So.. you got all your electrical problems fixed.   I suspect there were instructions with the mill, right?

What did it take to get plugged in?

It is wired directly to my outside breaker box with 60 amp breaker for the time being, just the way the guy I bought it from had it. When I get the Roof made over the mill I am going to invest in a nice outdoor style plug and make a tract for the wire to follow the mill. 

I did not realize how much those weatherproof plugs were :o, some were well over 100$

No Instructions,  I got a letter from Woodmizer wondering if I had bought a mill yet, I replied and wrote them that I would like to purchase the directions and maybe a parts breakdown if available.  If I dont get a reply from them I will call them.

Mooney

Give our customer service guys a shout at 800.525.8100, they can get your mill registered and get your manuals sent out. Welcome to the club ;D

sst04

Thanks for the phone number,

Could anyone tell me how Tight I should be getting this blade, I did a search but did not see the answer I was looking for.  Dont have anything to measure force or tension yet, I can borrow a dial indicator if that will help.

WDH

The manual will show you how to set the blade tension.  I would tell you how to do it, but I bet it is different on my 10 year old LT15 because things seem to always change.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!