iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coconut Juice

Started by Mooseherder, April 03, 2010, 10:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

Coco got another trim today and I got plenty of Coconut juice to make 3 Gallons.
This is moments off the tree.  It was good.  I'll be experimenting with making some wine outta the rest of it. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzny3aRX3Wc

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Why don't you toy around with freezing it?  Maybe put it in an ice cube tray, freeze it, then put the cubes in a ziploc and back into the freezer.   

I wonder if it will cook down slowly into a syrup?

I like the taste of ripe coconuts best, but you better have a little boys room handy.  :D

Mooseherder

Quote from: Tom on April 03, 2010, 11:24:24 PM

I wonder if it will cook down slowly into a syrup?

Wouldn't that be a neat syrup to put on Pancakes. ;)

Jeff,  I'm gonna have that song in my head the rest of the night. :D

Jeff

Go to Youtube and play some other old Harry Nilsson songs. He had some good ones. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

I bet that would make some fine syrup. I wonder what coconut brandy is like? :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

CHARLIE

Coconut juice?  In all my 65 years I ain't never heard of it called Coconut juice.  We always called it Coconut Milk.  Man that stuff is good. Many a time Tom and I would get a hatchet or axe out of the garage and peel the coconut (If'n we couldn't find the hatchet, we'd beat the husk off by hitting it on the sidewalk and peeling the husk off with our hands. Then when we got the nut out we'd take a knife and drill into the eyes of the monkey face and dring the milk.  Then we'd bust the nut open by slamming it on the concrete and break the coconut meat out of it.  That sure was some good eating and a good way to spend the afternoon.
Coconut juice???  :-\
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

SwampDonkey

We always called it coconut milk up here to Charlie. I think Mooseherder did to, but he musta had a weak moment. ;)  I've not had any for probably 30 years. You wouldn't know how long them things laid in the store and if too old they taste soapy.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

I always called it milk also.  I Milked a lot of Coconuts to get 3 Gallons of Coconut Milk.
My thought process was on Wine making.  Hard to make Wine outta Milk eh?
Maybe I'll call her Syrup in the end. ;D

CHARLIE

I bet that stuff would make some mighty fine Kickapoo Joy Juice. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Mooseherder

Well,  After all that work it turns out a sour Milk project.  I was trying to come up with something to blend it with and waited to long. ::)  I should have froze it.  Had to be thrown out because something from the deep was growing in it when I got home.  It had been at room temperature for 2 days. ::)

Thank You Sponsors!