iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Diaginal measurements

Started by moosehunter, October 15, 2004, 05:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneWithWood

Murf,
You don't which is why I use the calcualtions I mentioned earlier in this post to check for square.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

beetle

What to move and how much is relatively simple.

One line or wall of the building or whatever your checking should never be moved ( reference line), measure your diagonal, if the measurement is equal you are square, if not, move the opposite line 1/2 the the differance. Lets say you measure one one diagonal is 100" the other is 101", move the opposite line parallel  1/2". you are square. One two step done.

You will have the post holes dug, posts in place, and dead square by the time the person next door has just set up his batter boards, however, I agree with one of the previous posts, they do have their place, one would be slinging mortar and bricks.

Too many hobbies...not enough time.

beetle

MooseHunter,

I bet you never thought your simple question would get this many responses  :o  Did you get the answer to your question   ::)
Too many hobbies...not enough time.

Bruce_A

The last large job I was on was a co-generation plant in Longview, Wa.  We poured what we called a rat slab for every set of forms to be set.  This was a rough 4" slab below the bottom grade.  Engineers set all the corners in the concrete and forms were set accordingly.  Took  awhile to get used to not trying to set forms in mud or worse and getting your feet wet from the puddles on the rat slab.  Solid footing for bracing etc was also a nice experience.  Made 100 yard pours easy and common and the large pours[600 to 700 yards] go like clockwork no matter what the weather.

moosehunter

Beetle,
 Got my answer and more! I will be laying out my mill shed this weekend ( if it ever stops raining) and the info gathered will be a great help.
Thanks to all,
Moosehunter
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thank You Sponsors!